Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Mango Tree

Posted by Tania Zone10 Ca (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 6, 05 at 16:25

Here's a picture of my little mango tree and two of it's Mangoes which aren't ready for picking yet.

Click on: View photos without signing in.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mango Tree & Fruit

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Mango Tree

• Posted by Herb Victoria, B.C. (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 7, 05 at 21:20

I'm envious! Mango is one of the two best tropical fruits. The other one's Durian.

o

That is a really special tree. EP

o

Wow! Those are HUGE Mangoes! How long do you have to wait for them to ripen?

~Rosemarie

o

• Posted by Tania Zone10 Ca (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 9, 05 at 4:30

My little tree IS special. My mom bought it for me back in 1997 when I came back from a trip to Hawaii. I was so in awe with all of the mango trees overthere that I wanted I mango tree even more! They have mango trees like we in Ca have avocado trees. My poor little tree was planted then I had to move it, and move it again and again! It was stressed! But it survived, and now it's really showing me how much it loves me! The fruit has never grown this big! It fruits twice a year during the months of June and August. These mangoes should have been ready last month, but they're taking their sweet time! I don't really mind because just one is enough fruit for two people. Well if the pit isn't HUGE that is. This variety "Keitt" grows fruit weighing 1 1/2 - 4 1/2 lbs each! It's also the best variety for making Indian green mango pickle, which is what the tag says. This is one time I'm really going to enjoy the fruits of my labor! Although I really didn't do much! lol! I do talk to my tree though.

Tania ~_~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here