Backyard and beyond

{{gwi:65079}}

Closer view, featuring lespedeza

{{gwi:65080}}

Dogwood berries

{{gwi:65081}}

Beautyberries

{{gwi:65082}}

Hmm, I don't know why the last 3 pix won't show, so I'm leaving a link to view them. You can click on the pix to enlarge.

Here is a link that might be useful: Allbrand

Comments (12)

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

They are beautiful pictures, flowergirl...but so sad! Wow! Is it as cold as it looks?

Not sure if why, but your last 3 pix have .html at the end of the URL, whereas the first doesn't. (The only difference I can find.)

~Rosemarie

• flowergirl_VA
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yay! Thanks for pointing out the html thing! And it's not that cold, it all melted by 10:00 a.m.

lespedeza
    {{gwi:65083}}

beautyberries
    {{gwi:65084}}

dogwood berries

{{gwi:65085}}

• bultman
    18 years ago

Oh wow! Those are beautiful.

Bernadette

• gldno1
    18 years ago

Those are really great photos! I love the way ice storms look, but I start cringing when they predict them......power outtages sometimes follow for us.

gld

• GAAlan
    18 years ago

Wonderful, icy cold pictures! The Lespedeza picture is especially beautiful! I enjoy the beauty that comes with ice but not the damage. We had an ice storm in January and the oldest pine in my front yard lost almost its whole top.

• MsMartha
    18 years ago

Mother nature is so pretty in diamonds!!
    Thanks for sharing!

• tommyc
    18 years ago

FantaSTIc.... rEALLY. You should get Flickr account and let the world see these.

• flowergirl_VA
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks so much, you guys! It makes risking life and limb slipping and sliding to take these kinds of pictures worthwhile to hear your comments. I always dread freezing rain, but it certainly does make for beautiful scenery. Here's a couple more for ya!

lespedeza close-up
    {{gwi:65086}}

crepe myrtle
    {{gwi:65087}}

More dogwood berries
    {{gwi:65088}}

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

Those are some stunning views. Icestorms are great except that they cause such massive damage. Hope the roads cleared quickly. I remember one in maybe 1993 (?) that left roads coated in ice for about a week. Northern Virginia was like a breaker's yard with car wrecks everywhere! One day I parked my car at work and about an hour later it had slid out of its spot and was blocking the entrance. LOL!

• flowergirl_VA
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOL! Really? I know it wasn't funny at the time to see your car "slip-sliding away," but it makes for an amusing story. We seem to have gotten ice like this more and more in the last 10-15 years or so. When I was a child, I never remember seeing ice storms like this. We used to get snow instead. Wonder if that's global warming, or just natural changes? *shrugs*

• JoanMN
    18 years ago

Sure made for some lovely photos.

• jan44
    18 years ago

Excellent photos. Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor