o
Today's ice storm remains

Posted by flowergirl_VA z7 VA (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 9, 05 at 21:26

Backyard and beyond

Closer view, featuring lespedeza

Dogwood berries

Beautyberries

Hmm, I don't know why the last 3 pix won't show, so I'm leaving a link to view them. You can click on the pix to enlarge.

Here is a link that might be useful: Allbrand

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today's ice storm remains

They are beautiful pictures, flowergirl...but so sad! Wow! Is it as cold as it looks?

Not sure if why, but your last 3 pix have .html at the end of the URL, whereas the first doesn't. (The only difference I can find.)

~Rosemarie

o

Yay! Thanks for pointing out the html thing! And it's not that cold, it all melted by 10:00 a.m.

lespedeza

beautyberries

dogwood berries

o

Oh wow! Those are beautiful.

Bernadette

o

Those are really great photos! I love the way ice storms look, but I start cringing when they predict them......power outtages sometimes follow for us.

gld

o

Wonderful, icy cold pictures! The Lespedeza picture is especially beautiful! I enjoy the beauty that comes with ice but not the damage. We had an ice storm in January and the oldest pine in my front yard lost almost its whole top.

o

Mother nature is so pretty in diamonds!!
Thanks for sharing!

o

FantaSTIc.... rEALLY. You should get Flickr account and let the world see these.

o

Thanks so much, you guys! It makes risking life and limb slipping and sliding to take these kinds of pictures worthwhile to hear your comments. I always dread freezing rain, but it certainly does make for beautiful scenery. Here's a couple more for ya!

lespedeza close-up

crepe myrtle

More dogwood berries

o

Those are some stunning views. Icestorms are great except that they cause such massive damage. Hope the roads cleared quickly. I remember one in maybe 1993 (?) that left roads coated in ice for about a week. Northern Virginia was like a breaker's yard with car wrecks everywhere! One day I parked my car at work and about an hour later it had slid out of its spot and was blocking the entrance. LOL!

o

LOL! Really? I know it wasn't funny at the time to see your car "slip-sliding away," but it makes for an amusing story. We seem to have gotten ice like this more and more in the last 10-15 years or so. When I was a child, I never remember seeing ice storms like this. We used to get snow instead. Wonder if that's global warming, or just natural changes? *shrugs*

o

Sure made for some lovely photos.

o

Excellent photos. Thanks for sharing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here