Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnyb_gw

FAQ page

johnyb
19 years ago

Just read the FAQ page.

Im interested to know who authored the FAQ page? Did some forum members have input or was it put together by Gardenweb staff?

John

Comments (6)

• rusty_blackhaw
    19 years ago

From the top of the FAQ page: "The following are frequently asked questions from the Herbalism forum. Answers have been provided by other users and our staff."

It would be helpful though in evaluating the information provided if advice (some of which is given in the first person) was identified according to the individuals(s) who provided it.

• Heathen1
    19 years ago

I like the last one... honey as a sugar substitute! :o) being that honey is PURE sugar! I think the FAQ was made a long time ago, as I have been on this forum a long time and it was done before I arrived.

• johnyb
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Much of the FAQ page is incomplete or misinformation, and reflects poorly on a 2005 herbalism forum.

For instance "Valerian root is the strongest of all herbal relaxants" This is not so, California Poppy is generally more sedating than Valerian, even more so if combined with other sedative herbs.

I'd be happy to comment on other FAQ innaccuracies in a longer post and offer my opinion on suitable amendments. All forum members should feel free to offer their opinions also.

John

• Herbalynn
    19 years ago

If the herbalism members could get together and agree on what subject and content to go into the FAQ, we could submit them to the webmaster for final approval. We would need someone that is organized, articulate, and unbiased; neither left wing (all drugs work well for everybody and are harmless) or right wing (all herbs are uselss or harmful) , to put it together for us.

• johnyb
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Herbalynn,

I see I'm not the only person who sees medicine almost as a political party!

Indeed the most difficult part would be content agreement, after all we have everyone from plant reiki practitioners to physicians in here, but I might go out on a limb and draught a FAQ, if nothing else for some discussion, and the possibility of an updated FAQ.

John

• Herbalynn
    19 years ago

Thanks, Johnyb. I was hoping someone would step up to the plate. I've been contemplating doing it for years, but I am so non-political, i couldn't bare with it.
    I see I made a mistake on my post above. The left wing would be "herbs" are harmless. Pardon for my misprint. Lynn

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor
More Discussions