Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a Neurodermatitis recipie.

Posted by SolusUmbra TN (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 11:51

I'm looking for a recipe for Neurodermatitis condition to help a friend. Hopefully in the form of an ointment/cream. I know aloe vera, chickweed, burdock, and calendula are suppose to be helpful for skin conditions.

Their wound is very itchy, swollen warm and tender to the touch. They can't afford the fancy expensive creams and want something more natural then the doctor's solutions.

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a Neurodermatitis recipie.

infuse the herbs you want to use into some coconut oil. you can use it as is or melt a little beeswax in there to make it a salve consistency.

yarrow is also nice for skin conditions.

here's a nice little video primer on making an herb infused oil, have fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e095va7iAX0

This post was edited by kaliaman on Tue, Jan 28, 14 at 10:52

o

A cautionary note: yarrow may also cause skin conditions (allergic reactions are not uncommon).

o

there are a few people who exhibit allergic symptoms to members of the composite plant family, but reactions to yarrow are rare in my experience and that of other herbalists. and i use yarrow A LOT in my practice and sell tons of yarrow containing salve, never have had even one complaint on it.

beware of warnings from those who think they know a lot but lack experience.

if you are a person with sensitivity to members of this plant family you'd want to leave the burdock and calendula out too as they are members of this same family.

This post was edited by kaliaman on Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 17:03

o

Any thoughts about plantin?
How many herbs is to many?
Thanks

o

"Allergy to ragweed and related plants: Yarrow may cause an allergic reaction in people who are sensitive to the Asteraceae/Compositae family. Members of this family include ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds, daisies, and many others. If you have allergies, be sure to check with your healthcare provider before taking yarrow."

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-151-YARROW.aspx?activeIngredientId=151&activeIngredientName=YARROW

o

solus umbra, you can put as many herbs in there as you want. plantain is an awesome herb, definitely use it if you have it. depending on where you live it can be found green and growing even in winter.

herbalism is the medicine of the people, power to the people!

o

My husband is suffering from Neurodermatitis on his hand. He was unable to control itching, new lesions emerging. We are against chemicals and medications so we tried herbal remedies, and other natural treatments. A friend who lives in Europe recommended a natural healing cream, and indeed it helped a lot to ease his symptoms. It’s called Athos Miracle Cream. My husband said that so far this was the most effective treatment we came across.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here