Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shampoo and Herbal Essences

Posted by silversword 9A (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 26, 09 at 12:41

What shampoos/conditioners/body cleansers do you trust and use regularly? Herbal Essences tests on animals. Please go to this link to sign a protest.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hurtful Essences

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shampoo and Herbal Essences

I'm always amused to see the number of shampoos that contain avocado, coconut, and various other herbs and botanical ingredients (some of them sound on the face of it good enough to eat), but also harbor a host of dyes, stabilizers and other complex-sounding chemical ingredients.

Shampoo science must require an advanced degree in organic chemistry. ;)

o

I think it's great that shampoos have moved even the slightest towards incorporating natural ingredients and think sometimes giving people who are less likely to purchase natural products an easy introduction to the basics: lavender, chamomile, aloe vera, etc. through something as simple as shampoo will make them more comfortable using those herbs when presented with them in the future.

o

I don't use commercial shampoos or soaps. Too difficult (maybe impossible) to find any that do not contain SLS or other noxious substances. I buy vegetable oil based soaps (usually at farmers' markets) with only natural ingredients and use it daily as shampoo as well as all personal soap use. If my hair seems dry occasionally I use coconut oil with ylang ylang as a hair dressing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here