Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For Herbalistic.... Update?

Posted by silversword 9A (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 26, 09 at 13:49

Hi Herbalistic,
I'm just wondering if you have an update on your mom's MRSA condition? Did you try a cleanse with her? Did it help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For Herbalistic.... Update?

If we're starting Vol. II of this thread, here's an interesting article in the Science section of today's New York Times, in which Jane Brody asks the question, "Is Dirt Good For You"? Tangentially relevant to the topic of MRSA, more so to hygiene and avoidance of germs.

"Dr. Ruebush, the "Why Dirt Is Good" author, does not suggest a return to filth, either. But she correctly points out that bacteria are everywhere: on us, in us and all around us. Most of these micro-organisms cause no problem, and many, like the ones that normally live in the digestive tract and produce life-sustaining nutrients, are essential to good health.

"The typical human probably harbors some 90 trillion microbes," she wrote. "The very fact that you have so many microbes of so many different kinds is what keeps you healthy most of the time."

Dr. Ruebush deplores the current fetish for the hundreds of antibacterial products that convey a false sense of security and may actually foster the development of antibiotic-resistant, disease-causing bacteria. Plain soap and water are all that are needed to become clean, she noted."

o
RE: For Herbalistic.... Update?

Hi Eric,
Nope, this isn't a Vol. II of any thread. I thought Herbalistic might not want to participate on the other thread since it got so far from the original question.

That's why I posted a separate thread.

Were I interested in debating dirt and germs I would have posted a thread specifically for that purpose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here