Posted by janellelee 10fl (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 27, 09 at 18:27

OK everyone....
Whats your favorite Essential Oil?
and Why?
Mine is Pimenta Berry
2nd choice is Clove....
I just love the smell,
Kinda reminds me of the early fall season when I was growing up. :~)

OK Now What's Yours?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Essential oils

Has anyone ever developed an essential oil of Cestrum nocturnum (night jessamine)?

That's one of my favorite fragrant flowers.

o

I like jasmine, rose, honeysuckle, and lily-of-the valley, but I've never seen a pure essential oil for honeysuckle or lily-of-the-valley.

o

Rose, neroli, jasmine, lavender, benzoin, rosewood, geranium, ylang ylang, lime, frankincense, and patchouli are some of my favs. Most of those I only use in blends.

o

Vetiver ( Vetiver zizanioides) is easy for me to grow, it has many uses.
Surf around web to investigate what interests you.
Haiti produces a lot of the commercial root oil.
Vetiver oil is important to the world's perfume industry because most formulations use it, in tiny amounts, to drive the major aromatic tone & maintain an identifiable bouquet.

o

Its hard to find one because most of them are intoxicating!
Actually, The list could go on & on for me!
Ylang ylang is a good one and all the citrus's smell awesome! Geranium Rose smells so good!
Im totally amazed that Haiti is so rich in these herbs!
Jan :~)

o

I love benzoin, liquidamber orientalis & balsam of peru. I love their smokiness & healing stickiness & vanilly-ness. Lavender, however, goes into virtually everything I make. I keep it by the stove to dash on burns & plop it in my witch hazel to wash my face. Rosemary because it brings me back to the earth. Clary because it reminds me of my grandmother's closet. I'm a soapmaker with an herbalist's life long love of plants-- I have hundreds of oils... I could go on all night.
P.S. Very rarely you can find lily of the valley as an absolute (solvent extraction) or an enfleurage (totally long & involved process which does not in the least resemble the one in the movie Parfum). I have never found honeysuckle in any aromatic capacity, but good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here