Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
schizandra

Posted by arridari califoria (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 2, 06 at 20:00

I was taking a cluster water product that had some schizandra in it. I took it in the mornings, after about 10 days, I was experiencing very high blood pressure. I discontinued the product and after two weeks I'm still having very high blood pressure, to the point that my fingers feel tight, hot, tingly and heavy. I've had a little high blood pressure like this over the years, but never for an extended period of time like this. Years ago I had a similar experience when taking ginseng, but it went away when I discontinued the ginseng.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: schizandra

Well go to your doctor right away, or even the Emerg. dept. You can't let it go on or you could be very, very sorry!

o

Symptoms limited to the fingers are not typical of hypertension (which most often is symptomless, but especially with marked elevations can cause headache, dizziness, nausea etc.). Whatever the problem is, it sounds like a visit to the doctor is in order.

More on "cluster water".

o

Yes a very stressed out friend of mine just experienced dizziness from ultra high blood pressure. He was rushed to the hospital. This is nothing to be messed with... as most of my family on my mother's side has died of a stroke.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here