Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janellelee_gw

Mountain Rose Herbs

janellelee
15 years ago

Just wondering what everyones opion is regarding the Essential Oils Mountain Rose Herbs sell?

Thanks

Jan

{{gwi:57856}}

Comments (9)

• rusty_blackhaw
    15 years ago

They have one review (positive) on Garden Watchdog.

In looking at their website, there are a number of impressive statements about their organic/sustainability emphases and projects. One possible omission has to do with wild harvesting of herbs (by themselves or contractors supplying them). They say:

"All wildharvested items gathered and contracted for Mountain Rose Herbs must sign a preliminary "Wild Take Audit" to insure that materials are sustainably gathered with a no more than 10% take, and that the plants are re-seeded or roots are left to re-stock native populations."

So if you sign the form, Mountain Rose assumes you are acting responsibly? It would be better if they told us what percentage of their herbs are farmed, and how they assured the rest weren't being overharvested (some of their herbs (such as gentian and goldenseal) are of particular concern for overharvesting).

Also disappointing to see they are selling essiac formula, emphasizing its discredited use as an anticancer agent.

• goshen
    15 years ago

Has anyone here actually bought any herbs from Mountain Rose Herbs? What was your experience?
    I'm glad one person at least rated them positive. It would be nice to know if other people here has used them and were happy.

• herbalbetty
    15 years ago

I have bought herbs from Mountain Rose herbs, but not essential oils. I have been very happy with the quality I have received. I grow 300 or so herbs, so only order those that I can't grow here in zone 5. The dried herbs I have received have been very fragrant and vibrant.

• janellelee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

herbalbetty,

Thanks for the feedback on Mountain Rose Herbs,
    Im looking to buy from them shortly.
    Id loke to check out their EO's. Hope someone who's purchased EO's from them hits on here, I'm very intrested!
    Thanks Again

• maggie_berry
    15 years ago

I buy from Mountain Rose Herbs.
    I have not not bought the oils but if your looking for a safe on-line experience, you found a good site.
    I have brought many other items includung the essiac formula.
    I find the essiac tea helps with my digestion issues and I like the tea.

• janellelee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Maggie Berry

Im about to put in an order to them.
    I've heard so much positive feedback about them.
    Ill let everyone know

• ertucker80
    11 years ago

I use their eo's and I love them. Great quality and price!!! I buy all my eo's, herbs and carrier oils from them and have been completely satisfied with them.

• HerbDoctor
    11 years ago

I don't deal with Mountain Rose any longer due to the fact that their quality control on bulk herbs is inconsistent.

For essential oils, the best place is New Directions in Toronto, Canada. I've bought from them a few times and their freshness and pricing can't be beat.

HerbDoctor

• kaliaman
    11 years ago

some of the highest quality essential oils come from david crow at floracopeia or peter holmes at snow lotus, both have websites.

agree that mountain rose serves up inconsistent quality herbs so i often order elsewhere. they are super supportive of the herbal profession and student herbalist though which i really appreciate.

Sponsored
More Discussions