Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dianetavegia

Skin fungus??

dianetavegia
21 years ago

HI. I had a small red lump under my cuticle area on my little finger. There was no pain or heat in it. It looked like it was an infected fingernail but no pus. I did a search on the internet and a doctor said that "paronychia" with no pus was actually a yeast skin infection and to use Lotrimin 3 x's a day for a month! Well... I've used it for 7 days, the red lump went away and I have about 7 itsy bitsy red blister looking things now instead. No pus... and no drainage... a tiny bit of itchiness when I brush against it or just get out of the shower.

Any herbal remedies or better advice on this? The only other thing I could figure might have caused this was the use of some strong cleaning solutions without gloves.

Thanks,

Diane

Comments (55)

• cacye
    21 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Do the follow-up. Eat garlic. Stop eating anything with
    sugar in it. That is the best way to keep fungal infections
    gone. The Chinese use baical skullcap for 9 different kinds
    of skin fungus, you can take it as capsules. It will make
    you giddy after two weeks of continued use.

• dianetavegia
    Original Author
    20 years ago

I should have posted earlier! I used Lamisil 3 separate times and tried Tea Tree Oil. The fungus reoccured every few months. An old nurse recommended Genetian Violet and within ONE WEEK the fungus was gone never returned again. I had spent over $30. on Lamasil and the Genetian Violet cost $1.47 at Wal-Mart.

Genetian Violet is what my mother used on Ring Worm when I was a child and is commonly used for thrush and nursing mom's nipples.

Diane

• maryann21
    20 years ago

If you would like to try a really cheap solution that works for many people's toe nail fungus, put some corn meal in warm water, let it soak for 15 minutes and then soak your hands or feet in the cornmeal water for about 1/2 hour. Cornmeal has anti fungal properties. Usually after just a few applications, the fungus will go away.

Mary Ann

• Traute_Biogardener
    19 years ago

Fungus always proliferate at a certain pH. If you change that pH, the fungus dies. The cheapest way to treat any fungus in people or in your garden is therefore by using vinegar. My husband had a toenail fungus for which the doctor prescribed a very expensive remedy which was guaranteed to be the only effective one. Well, it didn't do a thing. When the prescription ran out and the problem persisted, I decided to paint on some undiluted apple cider vinegar, and it worked. Bathing in the vinegar would probably have worked, too.

Other than the vinegar, I agree that tea tree oil is the most effective remedy, but if you don't have any in the house, the apple cider remedy works well.

• sweetcandy
    19 years ago

I'm in desperate need of help. I have a skin fungus, I don't know the medical term used to identify it but in the Bahams we call it 'shifting clouds'. The island is very hot, and I sweat heavily naturally. So what happens is every time I sweat and it dries up, into my skin it builds up. My dermatologist recommeds the I shower every time I sweat. Every summer I get 'shifting clouds' and in the winter I thought they went away. This winter mine looked worse and the dark spots (vary in size and form) were obvious. I'm afraid that it may be every where on my body and I can't see them yet. I had this fungus for a long time, (7yrs.) There are dark spots between my breast, my back,my stomach, on my arm, the front and back of my neck, my face in the corners of my mouth, the light spots are on the lower end of my back just above my butt. In the summer my skin especially my neck and face looks burned. It looks as if my skin was over cooked especially when I take photos. Since I had this fungus so long it's embeded deep under the third layer of my skin and for me to get rid of it I have to take something orally, something topical can also be used for the most recent ones. Since then off and on I bathed with a rich lather of sulpher soap $7.50, rinse, dry off, lather up allow that to dry into my skin then for those recent 'shiting clouds' I apply a pevaryl cream 1 tube(15 grams) cost $6.00, and I take Nizoral tablets orally (10) for $25.00. This winter I added compounding (flowers of sulfur) for $3.50 which is a powder form that is applied under my arm pits. My skin feels as if it's on fire and it feels as if my skin has cracked. It's very hard because when I go out the medicaion sweats off into my face and I can feel it dripping down on my skin '(peveryl).
    When I use these items consistently there are results, but it takes so long and it's costly, I use it for a few months and then stop, I miss so many days of medication that it grows back. I'm just waisting time and money and mean while my skin burns and itches. If u can help e-mail me at sweetcandyj05@yahoo.com

• Condos
    18 years ago

try going to the site that I have listed below. sounds like a fungus.

Regards

Here is a link that might be useful: Fungus

• abq_bob
    18 years ago

Is the genetian violet from the herbal section? with the bath soaps, or where? I'd like to try this for recurring athletes foot. Tried lamisil and it's very expensive. I've also tried thyme soaks to no effect. Where does one get tea tree (oil?) - again herbal store/section of drug store, with the first aid stuff, or foot care? Can't find it anywhere.

Also include how you prepare, amounts, etc. As a bath? topical solution? Lotion? Compress?

• Condos
    18 years ago

Sorry, cant help you there.

• habitat_gardener
    18 years ago

Bob, call around and ask the pharmacist if the store carries gentian violet. I'd look in the first aid section, but I'd call first, since it's sort of an old-time remedy (a derivative of coal tar).

Tea tree oil is readily available at natural foods stores, herbal pharmacies, health food stores, and even Trader Joe's, if you have that chain. Again, get out the yellow pages and call around.

• habitat_gardener
    18 years ago

sweetcandy, it sounds like you need to find a local herbalist to get a reliable diagnosis and treatment plan. Many herbs can be used as antifungal washes or salves, and you need to pay attention to diet as well -- avoid sugars, eat raw garlic daily! Try some of the remedies others have mentioned -- vinegar, corn meal, diluted tea tree oil.

• eibren
    18 years ago

Sweetcandy, a dermatologist (skin doctor) would be your best bet. Whatever treatment recommended, stick with it unless your doctor tells you otherwise.

Starting and stopping courses of treatment may enable your infection to develop resistance to them, which will only make it harder to cure.

An inexpensive course which might help with some infections is distilled vinegar, due to the acidity. Just splash it on, in the same strength used for salads. It can be purchased in gallon containers for about $4. That would not help internally, though; you really need a dermatologist's help. The vinegar is just a guess, and it might make the condition worse. I know also that iodine is also used for things like ringworm, but it can burn the skin, and you are already having that problem.

Tissue damage could make your condition worse, as well; you need to find a gentle solution that will work, even if it is very gradual.

Dermatologists sometimes use ultraviolet light to treat some fungal conditions. In the long run, I think you will find a dermatologist would be able to help you to discover the most cost-effective solution. Be upfront with your doctor regarding what you can afford.

Here is a link that might be of interest:

http://www.doctorfungus.org/mycoses/human/human_index.htm

Good luck with this.

• jialin66
    18 years ago

I'll be very grateful if I can get some advice here, thanks a lot. I have athletic foot for 12 years since high school, got it from public foot service when travel, two toenails were affected as well. What annoyed is that the fungal infection is on my hands now because of my carelessness, without washing up my hands throughly by soap after using a oil bought from website, 1cm x 1cm each roughly. the doctor prescribed Lamisil tablets and suggested 1 tab/day to take a month, and then 1 tab/2 days for two months.

I followed it for the first month (4 weeks), getting better, two areas in my hands turned to be normal, but after taking it 1 tab/2 days, a longer interval from the second month, the situation started to get worse, the affected areas expanded bigger; and I observed and changed to 1 tab/day after another week, but Lamisil didn't work well up to now, 3 new affected areas 1mm x 1mm each appeared in my hands.
    I wonder if the dose suggested by doctor was wrong, after visited various websites, I know it shall take for 3 months 1 tab/day.

I don't what shall I do now. Lamisil seems a quite good anti-fungal medicine.

Thanks for these herbal remedies.

• dianetavegia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well, I used the Gentian Violet liquid from behind the counter at Wal-Mart for $2.87 and cured the paronychia on my finger (never returned), athletes foot between the last two toes on my right foot (had it since teen years) and used that and Vick's Vapor Rub (generic brand from Wal-Mart) to cure two fungal toenails.
    http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:d4U3YkfpYUQJ:www.medichest.com/Images/K065680.jpg

• jialin66
    18 years ago

Thank you Diane, I'll give a shot as well and see how it goes.

• bcomplx
    18 years ago

Haven't tried it myself (yet), but I just read some research from the Bioactive Natural Products and Phytoceuticals Lab at Michigan state that validates the use of 3 essential oils: methol, thymol, and Eucalyptus citriodora. Sounds like you mix them together and then dilute with a carrier (unscented baby oil, almond oil or canola oil), 75 percent carrier and 25 percent essential oils. Supposed to work on toenail fungus applied twice daily; may irritate skin so be careful.

• rusty_blackhaw
    18 years ago

A literature search turns up an article from researchers at Michigan State on antifungal activity of these oils.

As you can see, it's an in vitro study (i.e. done in culture dishes and not tested on actual people). It's not clear to me if using the product they mention on a long term basis would pose much risk of harm, but you'd essentially be a guinea pig for this sort of application.

• cacye
    18 years ago

Gentian violet is the best for most fungal. I didn't know you could find it anymore.

• marilynna
    18 years ago

Need help on exactly how to use gentian violet.

• rusty_blackhaw
    18 years ago

A couple things about gentian violet -

It's a synthetic dye, not an herbal remedy. It's not typically used as first-line therapy for fungal infections (other readily available drugs work well on a variety of infections, and don't stain skin or clothing like gentian violet does). Gentian violet is also the subject of some concern over possibly being a cancer-causing agent, though conclusive evidence hasn't been presented yet.

What with all the false hype about Candida and other fungus supposedly causing a whole range of diseases, it's easy to misdiagnose another problem as a fungal infection. Best to get an accurate diagnosis before investing your time, health and money in drugs that may not treat the problem and which could have unpleasant side effects.

• gw:sassy-me
    18 years ago

Hello All -

(eric-oh good advice. :-)

Several weeks ago I found a skin "rash" under one of my breasts. My physician confirmed it is (gasp) skin fungus. Shocking & embarrassing how a gal can get such a condition when she maintains proper hygiene & wears mostly cotton underwear.
    I tried the medicated ointment & became frustrated with the slow results. Then tried Lotrim (for Athlete's foot) "assuming" fungus is fungus regardless of the location its settled in. But I feel better using a natural approach to treatment.

On these forums I heard of genetian violet & trying that now -- be forwarned....it is a purple INK, but I think it is working. I'm also dabbing the affected area with vinager twice a day. The vinager stings the (problem area) skin so I think that means it is working.

I found this (Dr. Stoll) article online & I hope it can help anyone out here who has a similar problem....with any type of fungus. :-(

"First, you must understand that there is NOTHING, prescription or non-prescription, that KILLS any topical fungus (nails, skin, vagina, mouth, etc.). All any thing does is to inhibit growth of the fungus in tissue that was grown THAT DAY during the treatment. The growing cells must incorporate some of whatever is being applied, right into the cell, so THAT CELL will no longer be susceptible to the fungus. THEN the natural shedding of superficial tissues will grow the already infected tissue right off the body.

Fungi cannot stand an acid environment. Fill a dropper bottle with the cheapest distilled vinegar from the grocery store (do not use good vinegar that has not been distilled) and put 2 drops of the vinegar at the growing base of the affected area every night and morning."

• janet_2006
    18 years ago

i have sking fungus too. it looks like a series of reddish pink bumps. what do i do to cure this? will it spread?

• vera_eastern_wa
    18 years ago

SweetCandy...it sounds like you have very bad case of Tinea versicolor.
    I have had it on an off for the last 6 years. I get it around the neck, inside arms, chest and stomach. I'm not a big sweater, but the symptoms occur in summer when I'm gardening. The only thing that works is Selsun Blue shampoo...it is the ingredient selenium sulfide which puts a stop to it. I apply on the infected areas after my night time shower and wash off in the morning for 7 days and repeat again in 2 weeks. The color will come back to the spots after the infection is cleared and you get sun to them. I don't get re-occurances as often since I'm doing other things to boost my immune system. I have Chronic Fatigue Sydrome and my immune system was wore out. since I have worked on that the re-occurances are minimal.

Here is the google results page for Tinea versicolor....

Here is a link that might be useful: Tinea versicolor....google.com

• tomato_lover
    17 years ago

Hi all,

From my experience, vigar works like a charm. If it is athlete's foot, soak your feet for at least 15 minutes a day in vinegar, let them dry and put cotton socks on. Wash your feet (if you have to) next morning. In a week you'll be like new:) If the fungus has another location, find a way to put vinegar on as many times as possible in a day according to your schedule.
    Also, urine (yours) works as well as vinegar, same "recipe".
    Good luck and good health!

• piper_tx
    17 years ago

Try using Vinegar, Calamine, Zinc and check your products like moisture cream, antiperspirant, anti fungal for aluminum which may cause contact dermatitis.

Most anti-fungals including Selson Blue contain aluminum, and many lotions - they clear the fungus but may start a rash. -- intertrigo refers to an inflammation of the body folds can be caused by bacteria, yeast or fungi -- the intertrigo then seems to go back to the fungal problem. I am trying vinegar on a cotton pad for my face, hold it on the itchy lesion for about 5 minutes then put Calamine lotion on the itchy lesion, the Calamine takes out the itch. Calamine has Zinc.

Organic Apple Cider vinegar w/ the mother, internally and white vinegar externally (pour on head and allow to flow to toes then shower off) I use a cotton pad for my face. Vinegar was a great as a cream rinse for my hair, it is silky and shiny.

Best of Luck

• sewnice50
    17 years ago

I have yeast infection under my breasts. It was so bad it was actually oozing. My Dr. had me take three pills called diflucan (sp?) I had to go back to the pharmacy every day for three days to accomplish this because of my insurance company. It has not cleared up. Now I apply Lotrim (ultra) everyday and when I think its gone and stop and it comes right back. I would love to use vinegar but I am a little worried about burning and smelling like a salad. any thoughts?

• Heathen1
    17 years ago

holy moly! I suggest that you eat yogurt every day too. Specially after taking diflucan which kills ALL the beneficial flora in your gut too. Yeast usually attacks when there's a ph imbalance.... or like if you drink alcohol, which means you have a sugar imbalance as well, which is what the yeast feeds on. Moist, sugar and ph imbalance.... perfect environment for yeast. Vinegar is a topical agent, but I think that you should take care of the underlying problem. If you can't take yogurt, you can buy bottled acidopholus cultures, but it's kind of expensive, compared to yogurt.

• javamilk
    17 years ago

Although there's been a lot of great remedies mentioned, I'm kind of surprised that nobody has mentioned Neem or black walnut yet. Both are great for fungal infections. (neem is also good for bacterial infections, but only externally. I've used it successfully on a staph infection before)

Neem (oil) can be found in most natural foods stores, paint it on the rash. **Do a skin test first - some people are allergic to it** The smell takes some getting used to, very strong and "earthy".

Black walnut (extract or tincture) can be taken orally and also painted on the rash.

• sewnice50
    17 years ago

heathan1, thanks for the info. I have lots of problems, fibromyalgia, bladder infections, rosacea, arrhythmia. 4 months ago I had rotator cuff surgery and during the surgery they gave me antibiotics. I do not drink any alcohol, I do eat one cup of plain non fat yogurt a day with fresh fruit. Is that enough? I also notice during the weeks I eat home made bread or anything high in sugar (pancake syrup) itÂs the worst. What would I do/eat to balance ph?

• Heathen1
    17 years ago

hmmm... with the bladder infections, I am wondering. Course I would ask the usual, are you drinking enough water? or Cranberry juice?
    I am surprised your doc hasn't looked for some OTHER underlying condition... I wonder if a medicine that you might be taking for the fibro is causing it.
    The yogurt should be plenty, unless it's the sugar kind, which I think you wouldn't do.
    You might google 'overgrowth of yeast' Once long time ago (a very long time ago :o)), I went to a herbalist who told me I had an overgrowth of yeast and I went on this STRICT diet for almost a year. But I am suspicious that there might be an underlying condition LIKE diabetes or something... I am NOT a doctor and just giving a wild opinion, I am not a trained anything, so don't go by what I say... can you afford a herbalist?
    Javamilk offered two good topicals too... :o)

• dianetavegia
    Original Author
    17 years ago

How can I stop getting copies of all these conversations taking place on a post I made 3 1/2 YEARS ago?

Diane

• Heathen1
    17 years ago

Poor Diane! I stopped having them mailed to my box because of that.

• fatal_degree
    16 years ago

My physician and I have been battling my weird itchy spots for weeks now without clear cause and effect for my itching. I have large, red, bumpy patches that do not ooze or puss up. They start out small, and grow in the places I touch all the time. My stomach, collar bone, and one shoulder because I always massage it (it aches). This "rash" itches like the fire of a thousand suns, and I wake up in the middle of the night tearing at myself.
    I work in a greenhouse, and it has occurred to me, that this rash is like a large version of the little red itchy spots I get on my fingers when I wear wet gloves. Not only that, it only appears where I touch my skin frequently. It also just so happened that the antibiotic I was prescribed for this mess (that didn't work on the itchy spots) started to give me a yeast infection. So after I was done taking the antibiotics I grabbed some acidophilus to clear that up. And BAM the red patches got lighter and the itching was reduced overnight. Not cured though.
    I have found the previous postings helpful. I am particularly interested in the diet aspect of prevention. What can I eat or supplement with to change the PH of my body? It sounds like the general consensus is that an acid environment in general could make my body a less hospitable breeding ground for fungus? Thanks for anyones time!

• rusty_blackhaw
    16 years ago

Your body's pH is not going to be altered by any special diet, with the possible exception of the pH of urine.

The blood's acid-base balance is naturally regulated within a narrow range with the lungs and kidneys playing a major part. If eating certain foods or taking supplements could cause big swings in pH we'd be in big trouble, as biochemical reactions in the body depend on normal pH.

There's a tremendous amount of misinformation out there on pH. People who suffer from acidosis or alkalosis typically are very sick to begin with (i.e. have severe chronic lung disease and/or kidney failure) or have ingested a poison.

Bottom line: whether or not your skin rash was due to a fungal infection, a change in diet is not going to prevent it from returning by altering your pH.

• crstl
    15 years ago

i have neck fungus and i was wunderin if u guys hav any treatment ideas. i have dark areas on my nek on the sides and the bck..i hav had dis fr about 3 years and it keepsd getin worse sice i liv in hawaii and its always hot it shws sinc i have fair skin n i hate it i hav used lamisil but it hasnt done anything so i stopd usin it n it has gtn worse.......any suggestions?

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

crstl, any chance you could rewrite that in more ... conventional ... English?

• crstl
    15 years ago

sorry well i have had this fungus on my neck for about 3 years its around the sides of my neck and the back i have tried other creams like lamisil but it hasnt gotten any better so i stopped using it.....since i live in hawaii its usually hot throughout the year so it doesnt help...would genetian violet maybe treat it? wat are some other treatment options that might help?

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

Garlic is always a good place to start when you want to kill something, Garlic and vinegar. Crush some up, smear it on, wait a while, then take a long hot shower. As for vinegar maybe mix it into a paste with some sort of binding agent and smear it on and wait, use the strong stuff. Oh, teatree oil is also a good place to go for death, turpentine is nasty stuff.

• oakleif
    15 years ago

I would'nt take Brendon's advice. He's a medical spammer and wants to line all herbalists up and shoot them or so he said. I see he wants to send you to death also with teatree oil. He is apparently rude, crude and socially unacceptable. Who had you rather see on this forum?Some one who mispells things? or someone who has never been taught the proper social manners?

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

Thanks for your continued pledge to honesty and accuracy. What I said and have made clear many times is that killing alternative medicine practitioners is not an appropriate solution. I said it wasn't appropriate, not that I wanted to.

Also, she is trying to kill a fungus. Killing involves death. If you want to offer alternatives to what I recommended go right ahead, and if you have problems with what I recommended by all means voice your concerns. However I think that those asking for answers would be best served if you avoided Ad Hominem attacks to back up your assertions.

• dr.js
    15 years ago

I have had great success using Neem Oil clinically for nail fungus of all kinds. It has always worked.

• rbonner
    13 years ago

I have had this for a few years and have it under control. Here is what I do:

No alcohol, minimal sugar.
    Bathe morning and night, washing the affected areas with a mild tea tree oil soap or anti-fungal shampoo.
    Take garlic tablets and coconut oil gel caps a few times daily.
    Take between 10 and 15 drops of tri-gaurd twice a day in carrot juice. (The juice cuts the taste, the tri-guard is probably the best thing in my arsenal, it contains tea tree oil, grapefruit extract and col. gold. Start with 5 drops and work your way up)

And I agree with whoever said that you have to stay on it even when things are good.

• terribos
    12 years ago

Hi everyone I am new to this site and I love herbal remedies. thats how the indians took care of their own ;)
    My husband has some kind of skin fungus. he has had it for over 15 yrs now it has white/brown (he says they are white I say they are brown) LOL he is tan so they may be white they burn and itch him madly all the time. he even uses a big butcher knife to scratch them because they itch so bad. he basically has it everywhere. we have tried antifungal creams, athletes foot cream and spray. they do help a little but it comes right back. i just know there has to be some kind of herbal remedy to get rid of this. I am so tired of seeing him suffering like this. it causes him much stress and he has a very bad heart. we cant afford to go to a specialist and I am faithful that there is a herbal remedy to get rid of it. thank you very much Terri

• barbco196
    12 years ago

Here is the problem: There are thousands (and more unknown)types of fungi in the environment. They all cause different symptoms and can require different treatment protocol. The key to treatment is finding out the particular strain from which you are suffering. I have been dealing with kerion lesions all over my body for the last few months and I'm very quickly discovering that doctors and vets are CLUELESS in Mycology. They learn the very basics in med school and don't further their education. You have to be proactive with your health and do the research yourself. There are fungi out there that are zoophilic as well and you can pass infection between your pets and vice versa. You really have to see a doctor, preferrably a dermatologist and ask for a fungal culture. They will take a scraping of your skin, a biopsy, or hair samples and send it off to a lab to culture. There it will grow in a dish and go from there. Some fungi grow relatively quickly, others, it may take weeks for results. I just can't believe that the medical community isn't better educated. I went to the ER because I don't have insurance. I told the doctor about my symptoms, ranging from fatigue, hair and skin problems, all the way to arthritic joints. I also mentioned my 3 dogs have the same type lesions. I told him I thought I might have a systemic fungal infection and his response was "First of all, I'm not a vet, so what your dogs have is of no concern" and "Systemic fungus won't present this way". STUPID!! So...what does he do? Takes a skin scraping, goes and looks at it under the microscope and says to me that he didn't see anything crawling but he did see something that looked like it had 'branches'. Ummmmm, HELLO?!! Branches=Hyphae=FUNGUS!! So he prescribes LAMISIL and Bactrim (antibiotic). Well, if he knew anything about fungi, he would have known that antibiotic are the worst treatment for fungi. They kill bacteria and then the fungi have all the room in the world to grow. Making your infection even worse. Don't let a fungal infection spread, they can be very dangerous and I believe are the source of a lot of major illness. The post above me mentions the light and dark spots and not being able to get rid of them. I'm not a doctor but it sounds like Tinea Versicolor, which is a non-invasive fungus that can be treated with over the counter preparations with active ingredients such as clotrimazole or miconazole. You have to treat this for a long time and may never completely kick it. Don't start and stop any treatment because it can become resistant and stronger and your condition may get worse. Probiotics are readily available at any health food store or pharmacy. There are food products out there with them in it also. Not just any yogurt will suffice. It has to have live cultures in it and if it doesn't say that, it doesn't. I think Activia is a popular brand that has lactobacillus acidophillus in it. Just do your own research and take your findings to your MD. Hopefully, he/she is open to learning and listens. If not, seek out another doctor that is!!

• rusty_blackhaw
    12 years ago

"I told the doctor about my symptoms, ranging from fatigue, hair and skin problems, all the way to arthritic joints. I also mentioned my 3 dogs have the same type lesions. I told him I thought I might have a systemic fungal infection and his response was "First of all, I'm not a vet, so what your dogs have is of no concern" and "Systemic fungus won't present this way". STUPID!!"

What the dogs have might be relevant if (for instance) they have ringworm which could be transmitted to humans. This is not however going to cause fatigue and joint pain, so the ER doc is correct about this scenario not making sense as a systemic fungal infection.

Lots of people, with the connivance of various alternative practitioners and some MDs who should know better, have convinced themselves that they have systemic fungal infections that must be treated with powerful antifungal drugs or radical dietary changes. The reality is that systemic fungal infections are typically seen only in immunosuppressed people (for instance, those with AIDS or on powerful immunosuppressive drugs for cancer or autoimmune diseases). The rest of us may be susceptible to fungal skin infections which are readily recognized and treated by physicians.

Of course, it's easy to find naturopaths, chiropractors or other poorly trained individuals who will eagerly take your money in return for useless treatments or nonsensical dietary advice.

• XrackleX
    12 years ago

While yeast infections on the skin CAN occur, this doesn't quite sound like one, I would question myself id the Dr. really KNEW what it was FOR SURE when he hadn't done any tests on it? Salicylic acid sounds like it might get rid of this for you.I would try that, OR I would try a few sea salt soaks a day, lots of air, and lots of anti-bacterial ointment, DO not opt for antibiotics, do not use pure strait garlic or peroxide, as those last two may be beneficial to killing the issue, not they also damage the skin severely, making it unable to heal.

• lunablue
    12 years ago

So I believe I have a skin fungus under my breast. Just itching and itching, I am calling my doctor tomorrow just to be sure, but in the meantime I have been applying and over the counter antifungal cream. It did seem to help some, but I prefer more natural treatments and I definitely have lots of options from this site. So thank you all very much. However I have a question or two....
    1. I am confused because some stated regular white vinegar while others wrote about apple cider vinegar, are they both just as effective?
    2. In regards to the oils (tea tree, oregano, garlic, etc) I know they must be diluted, correct? And if so, would coconut oil be a good option for a carrier oil? If not what would be.
    3. In regards to taking garlic...how in the world does one eat a clove of raw garlic daily? I know of the health benefits of garlic, but if anyone has figured out a way to consume them let me know. Garlic is very strong, and that's an understatement. I do cook with it, but I know I am loosing some of the nutritional components from cooking it. So maybe there are some people who have discovered a trick they can share with how to get that whole a day happeneing.
    Thanks so much, this site has given me lots of ideas on how to go about treating this naturally.

• newbutnototthis
    11 years ago

HOMEOPATHIC EXTERNAL SULFURIC MUD TREATMENT
    KILLS ANY SKIN FUNGUS - ALL NATURAL CURE
    ALL NATURAL REMEDY
    ------DO THIS 2X TIMES PER DAY -----
    1.) - APPLY MED THICK LAYER OF SAPROX (FOUND ON EBAY FOR $36.00) ^^^NEED SAPROX^^^ FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON BOTTLE OF MUD
    **RINSE OFF - NOT WASH OFF THEN PAT DRY
    2.)- APPLY THIN LAYER OF ALL NATURAL ALOE GEL (FOUND AT SPROUTS $10.00- NOT THE GREEN JUNK) ^^NEED REAL ALOE GEL^^
    **RUB IT IN.
    !!!!!DO NOT FORGET TO WASH YOUR HANDS AND TOWELS AND BEDDING OFTEN ALMOST DAILY!!!!
    TAKES A FEW WEEKS
    CONTINUE FOR AT LEAST A FEW DAYS AFTER IT IS COMPLETELY GONE. IF REAPPEARS DO IT AGAIN FOR LONGER TIME.
    %%%%%%%% ONLY NEED 2 ITEMS *SAPROX* AND REAL *ALOE GEL* %%%%%%%%%
    BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

• newbutnototthis
    11 years ago

HOMEOPATHIC EXTERNAL SULFURIC MUD TREATMENT
    KILLS ANY SKIN FUNGUS - ALL NATURAL CURE
    ALL NATURAL REMEDY
    ------DO THIS 2X TIMES PER DAY -----
    1.) - APPLY MED THICK LAYER OF SAPROX (FOUND ON EBAY FOR $36.00) ^^^NEED SAPROX^^^ FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON BOTTLE OF MUD
    **RINSE OFF - NOT WASH OFF THEN PAT DRY
    2.)- APPLY THIN LAYER OF ALL NATURAL ALOE GEL (FOUND AT SPROUTS $10.00- NOT THE GREEN JUNK) ^^NEED REAL ALOE GEL^^
    **RUB IT IN.
    !!!!!DO NOT FORGET TO WASH YOUR HANDS AND TOWELS AND BEDDING OFTEN ALMOST DAILY!!!!
    TAKES A FEW WEEKS
    CONTINUE FOR AT LEAST A FEW DAYS AFTER IT IS COMPLETELY GONE. IF REAPPEARS DO IT AGAIN FOR LONGER TIME.
    %%%%%%%% ONLY NEED 2 ITEMS *SAPROX* AND REAL *ALOE GEL* %%%%%%%%%
    BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

• rusty_blackhaw
    11 years ago

I'm enjoying the thought of what happens if the pizza delivery guy comes and you open the door in the middle of your 2X-daily treatment...

Sponsored
More Discussions