Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
growing calendula

Posted by seahorse 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 17, 05 at 9:26

I want to grow some calendula for theraputic use. I noticed one catalog offered one called "Resina" and said it was the best because of the high resin content. Unfortunately, they were out of stock of this seed.

Are the other calendulas adequate? I can get "Touch of Red", "Pacific Beauty" or "Cheddar Dwarf", but did not know if color made a difference.

seahorse

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: growing calendula

Plain old ordinary Calendula (Unnamed variety) is usually the standadrd for growing medicinally. Out of those 3 you mention, Pacific Beauty would be the best choice for your needs. Enjoy. Lynn

o

'Calendula officinalis' is the botanical name of the herb Calendula used therapeutically. The flowers of the plant are used.

John

o

And it is so easy to grow! It grows like a weed in my garden, I have to make sure not to let it go to seed if I want to plant anything else. Here, it flowers year-round. I have lots of seeds I collected a couple years ago and would be happy to send some.

o

I know this is a very old message but are the seeds to available? Thanks in Advance.

Diana in FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here