Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
herb infusion info

Posted by juttz z5 Mich (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 16, 04 at 18:21

Im getting back into my herbs and would like to know if there are any people here that have books or info to share about how to do infusing in oil and maybe give me some ideas on what books to get to help with recipes and how tos...Judy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: herb infusion info

Hello Judy, I make my own herbal medicines and body care products. These authors have been excellent sources of information:

Susun Weed (esp. "Healing Wise")
Penelope Ody
Gail Faith Edwards
James Duke

Susun Weed also has a fab website chockful of info. I'll link it below.

Green blessings!
~bushpoet

Here is a link that might be useful: Susun Weed's Website

o

In addition to bush poet's list you might try to find a copy of The Herbal Medicine Maker's Handbook: A Home Manual by James Green (isdn 0895949903). Amazon is out of stock as are several other online retailers but it's still in print and available fromt he publisher Crossing Press. I haven't read this title myself but have seen numerous citations and referals to it as a good source for processing herbs to a desired usable form, ie. fluid extracts, tinctures, etc. I linked the publishers site below. If anyone has read this title I'd like some feedback on it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crossing Press

o

I just took an online course about this from a woman who grew up with herbal remedies in Italy. It was the best online course I have ever taken. Will send you more info on it on request. No, I did not write the course, but I do recommend it. Of course not. With a name like mine, I wouldn't be from Italy, LOL.

o

I love the James Green book! Also, I have just read Richo Cech's book, "Making Plant Medicine". This is the wonderful! Clear, concise information in a format that is easily accessible.

o

I second Richo's book. Here's a link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Horizon Herbs

o

bump,bump, bump

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here