11 years ago

Can anyone explain synergism of herbs?

Comments (6)

• rusty_blackhaw
    11 years ago

Got any proposed examples?

• fatamorgana2121
    11 years ago

Synergistic herbs are those herbs that complement each other in such a way that the effects of the herbal compound made with the combination of those herbs is strengthened or made better in some way.

I'm sure google or any herb reference book can give you examples and more details.

FataMorgana

• HerbDoctor
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Fatamorgana:

Your statement "strengthened or made better in SOME WAY." is the usual description of synergism. From everything that I've read, this is the vague mystery that we're left with whenever we try to apply a "western" understanding.

I'd like to hear others description.

HerbDoctor

• fatamorgana2121
    11 years ago

When not talking about specific herb combinations and the specific synergistic effects of such a combination, how do you speak in less vague, less general terms about the concept? Please do share your description/definition.

FataMorgana

• Raw_Nature
    11 years ago

Synergism is not just in herbs, herbs are basically just non hybrid vegetables that still have there full medicine, life-force if you will. You can think if hyprids as diluting the medicinal value of the plant, if you will. Synergism happens in all plants. All plants whether it be a apple or a beet, goldenseal whatever, all plants have medicinal effects, however some very... Particulary, wild herbs are much morestrong than fruit, fruit is much more strong than vegetables... I learned the hard way, blended up to many medicinal potent herbs and I was puking all night.... Anyways,backto the point. As you all know synergy is thugs working together. Think of it this way 10 people can work better than 2 right? When we consume raw foods we are not only getting the necessary sugar are body needs for ATP, it is getting nutrition magnetics,etc. Raw foods literally act as a magnet to your body, pulling Waste out.. That's is synergism, all the components in that one food works together to help you. You do not neccesarily need 10 different foods to have that affect, infact the simpler you eat the people... Now if you cook your food you lose the magnetics and the majority of the synergism and magnetics... For more info research "Dr Robert morse on YouTube" he is a naturopathic doctor,herbalist and has a 95% cure rate on cancer through raw foods and herbs. I myself an a raw foodist trying tonspread the world and help all of you. Any questions let me know. You guys are smart to be getting into herbs, a normal person nowadays would be weakling the chemical pillbthe "doctor" gave u and wonder why we see so much disease? Gets me sick... Anyways. Best of health
    Joe

• Raw_Nature
    11 years ago

Excuse all my typos... A prime example of synergism is raw whole foods vs isolated supplements.. Now let's say you took COQ10, an antioxidant supplement. CoQ10 will still be an antioxidant but that's about it. Now if you ate a ripe apple right of a tree,or for this herbalism forum, a dandelion, you will nOt only consume all the antioxidants, but the bitters to help the liver,etc, the chlorophyll to chelate and detoxify metals and the live enzymes for absorption of this medicine. When people think of synergism they think several plants,that's not always the case. Plants are so complex we will never fully understand them, we don't need to, just know they are good to eat! One plant has far more synergism then we could understand. Hope this helps. Any questions welcomed?I'm sure there's plenty people who are skeptical! Stay healthy
    Joe

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?
More Discussions