Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Raspberry leaf vs. Black Raspberry leaf?

Posted by Smurfishy none (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 12 at 0:35

I use red raspberry leaf for pregnancy and milk production, as well as to prevent gestational diabetes. I know of a huge patch of Black raspberry bushes. Is there really a difference in properties? My research of it only came up with the Black Raspberry, the dark pigment had the highest amount of antioxidants of any fruit. Plus it had other cancer fighting potentials and was currently being researched by the medical community. This is nice to know but does not answer my query.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Raspberry leaf vs. Black Raspberry leaf?

Here's the PFAF page on Rubus occidentalis. Has leaf uses listed.

FataMorgana

Here is a link that might be useful: Pfaf.org - Rubus occidentalis

o

they both exhibit astringent properties, raspberry has other wonderful properties as well (is nutritive for example) but blackberry could be used in a pinch for the astringency if needed...say for bleeding or upset tummy.

o

• Posted by jolj 7b/8a-S.C.USA (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 15, 12 at 15:59

So I just pick the young leaves & dry them?
Or are any age leaf good?
Do I add them to other teas or add other leaves to the dried raspberry leaves?
I have hundred of the red raspberry plants.

o

I pick as the need and leaf are there. I'm sure there are others who will say specific times are required.

You'll want good quality, healthy leaves. Skip the old, "tired" looking leaves. Dry them. Use for tea by themselves or in combination with other herbs, as needed.

FataMorgana

o

• Posted by jolj 7b/8a-S.C.USA (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 23:17

I have more then I can use,so I can use & dry the young tender leaves.
If any of you are in S.C. & would like some plants, email me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here