Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raw_nature

Raw foods/Herbs

Raw_Nature
11 years ago

Any of you out there eat all raw foods? Any of you know Dr. Robert Morse, a naturopathic doctor in Florida? Any raw foodist out there? I am trying to spread the knowledge and hopefully save peoples lifes!

Joe

Comments (16)

• HerbDoctor
    11 years ago

Oh, my!

HerbDoctor

• Raw_Nature
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Herb Doctor:

What are you saying?

• rusty_blackhaw
    11 years ago

Some raw foods are fine (I am a big salad eater, for instance). And they may contain more nutrients than food that is cooked, or more particularly overcooked.

Beyond that, eating healthy does not depend on consuming a diet that is all or mostly raw foods, and some uncooked foods pose a higher risk of infectious disease transmission. And sweeping claims about how raw foods supposedly prevent or cure serious diseases lack evidence apart from unreliable testimonials from raw food fans.

As for naturopath Robert Morse, one should be wary of accepting advice from a practitioner who makes wild claims about curing 95% or more of cancer patients.

• Raw_Nature
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Be your own testimonial, don't lesson to these lab studies! Raw foods don't cure anything, your body does all the healing all by itself, as long as your not consuming unhealthy foods.. Dont lesson to me nor Dr.Morse, we are here to give ideas... You take those ideas in your own action. For you are your biggest truth...

Joe

• kaliaman
    11 years ago

right on raw nature, empirical evidence is gold.

for sure research studies can give useful info providing the study parameters and statistical analysis are unbiased and really excellent.

but there is nothing quite like experience...

• rusty_blackhaw
    11 years ago

Experience based on rigorous, sound science is a very good thing.

Testimonials alone, not so much.

• Raw_Nature
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Experience based on crap science is a very good thing as well. That Is how we developed today's science, trail and error... This would go on forever.. Science is not flawless, man did create science after all... Before listening to anyone else, listen to yourself. It's important to have real life experience before calling anything unlegitimate or quack logic. Your own experience/verification is going to blow scientific studies out the water, in my opinion...

• kaliaman
    11 years ago

anyone who ignores mountains of empirical evidence gathered over millenia and across cultures is missing a real opportunity to learn.

its how we (humans) learned much of what we know about many things, including the practice of good health and medicine.

• HerbDoctor
    11 years ago

Editorializing? I think that's a word.

HerbDoctor

• Raw_Nature
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Eric oh:

I constantly see you bashing people about "no scientific evidence"... You constantly bring this negativity to all these threads of positivity, it gets me sick... It reminds me of cancer study's of radiation and chemotherapy actually being effective in curing cancer.. Look guys it's a "legit scientific study" .. Sit by a cancer treatment center and have a follow with the patient in a few years and you tell me this scientific evidence is everything. Take
    some chemo tell me what you think about their "life saving finding scientific
    study". Humans are far more into their ego and intellectual mind than they
    should be, Eric is the prime example of this.. He doesn't care about others
    success just studys.. Eric I see you always "debunking" all these things,
    which is good for the people. They need to know when something is fishy..
    But you just give them the bad news and leave them in the dust... Why not
    give your brilliant scientific advice.. It's easy to tell people off.. Give people
    solutions! What doctor doyou follow? Whats your diet, huh? You almost
    back up and shut up when you know someone can play your own game..
    We want solutions not negativity... Go talk to your medical doctor, let him prescribe you some "scientific evidence certified medicine". Go on now, talk with your medical doctor... Get a taste of your own medicine...

Joe

• Raw_Nature
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Maybe people are so dumbed down from the vaccines, and crap food that they truly believe scientific study's are everything... Eric, knowing you I'm sure you can dig up some study's showing a "wonder drug" with very positive data that ends up killing people... The FDA and the "big shots" are in charge of these study's and what data gets out to the public,etc.. They are in it for the money.. They are not going to publish studies that diminish there sales and make them look bad.. Eric it's good to be skeptic to save your wallet, an more, your health. But you talk out your ass! Get some real experience with these "cures" before you knock them... Eric, I'm sure your going to come up with some eloquent response that makes me look ignorant... But come on, your mind is in the wrong wrong place my friend! Drop the negativity, give some solutions!

Joe

• rusty_blackhaw
    11 years ago

" I'm sure your going to come up with some eloquent response that makes me look ignorant"

I don't need to, what with statements like people being "dumbed down from the vaccines".

How refreshing it would be if we didn't constantly have the progression on this forum from 1) poster makes unsupported claims, 2) poster is asked what evidence backs those claims, 3) poster repeats claims, 4) claims are debunked, 5) poster gets frustrated and launches personal attack.

If you want to convince people you're right, ad hominems are not the way to go.

• Raw_Nature
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I think we all Know what i'm trying to get across. Instead of leaving people high and dry telling them what they are doing is a joke, give them solutions to turn to when they find out it really is a joke. The truth well always come out eventually. I can see your intelligent and have the real potential to help people instead of just argue about who's wrong or right. Let's stop this negativity/fighting, and get people real solutions! Argueing well not benefit anyone, giving people real true solutions to their problems well.
    I'm curious, do you get vaccines, flu shots, or on any medications? Thanks...

Stay healthy,
    Joe

• kaliaman
    11 years ago

nice try joe. many others have said the same thing to eric with no effect.

it SEEMS he delights in being despised.

• rusty_blackhaw
    11 years ago

"give them solutions to turn to"

You mean, like purslane, turmeric and umckaloabo (examples of herbs I've suggested using in posts on the current forum page alone - there are many others whose use I've supported based on the existence of decent evidence for their medical value). I can understand your not being aware of my contributions over the past 12 or more years I've been posting in the Herbalism forum, seeing as you're a newcomer here.

Kali has forgotten that just a few days ago she was urging other posters to ignore me. She seems unable to take her own advice.

It's always better when we can stick to talking about herbs, instead of trying to dissect the motives and personalities of those with whom we disagree.

• Raw_Nature
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I hear you Eric. Let's stick with positivity my friend.

Joe

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts
More Discussions