Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can lemon juice be left unrefrigerated?

Posted by ground syracuse, ny (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 20, 04 at 10:29

I'm not a gardener (yet), but this forum complex seems marvelously useful. I've been using honey/lemon juice on my skin and I'd just like to keep them in the shower, since I don't yet use lemon juice for much else besides that. Will I have problems?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can lemon juice be left unrefrigerated?

Lemon juice will eventually go bad. High sugar helps to prevent bacterial growtn, so if there is enough honey it might be okay. Why not just mix up a few days supply at a time for the shower?

o

I, too, use mixtures like this on my skin but I always keep them in the refrigerator.The only one I keep in the bathroom is olive oil & honey.It's really nice for the complexion and the body, giving a smooth texture and it doesn't go off.(Tip: with the addition of essential oils, it becomes even better).

o

You can prevent the spoiling problem by using raw apple cider vinegar instead of the lemon. I keep it in the bathroom in a squirt bottle. I keep the honey separatly. Both will keep indefinitely without refrigeration. Just mix a tiny amount in the palm of your hand every time you need it. Works fine for me.

o

I use half lemon juice to half honey in a glass bottle (they say that plastic bottles are breeding places for bacteria) for cough due to cold, virus or bronchitis. I do not usually refrigerate at first because the cold, cold mixture bothers my sensitive teeth. But, when I have some left over after the cough is gone then I refrigerate for next time.

o

Ground: How do you use it?? In place of soap/before or after soap???? I have REALLY dry sensitive skin and get contact dermititis when I garden. Would the lemon/honey help????

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here