Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
to curb chocolate cravings

Posted by heathen1 10a (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 17, 06 at 11:15

A friend of mine sent this... she claims it works.... I don't know anything about agave syrup, which I highly suspect is a sugar too.....

1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon will get rid of sweets cravings.
To curb chocolate cravings and also sweets cravings in general, drink some sesame seed milk. To make sesame seed milk, soak sesame seeds in spring water for 1/2 day. Put the soaked seeds in a blender with twice as much spring water as seeds. Blend until fine. Strain out any solid flecks and the remaining liquid is sesame seed milk. Sesame seed milk will keep in the fridge for two or three days. To improve its flavor, add some drops of liquid stevia or some agave syrup and some vanilla or some cinnamon, all to taste.
I made some sesame seed milk and it seemed to do the trick. Its taste is so-so, but maybe I did not get the sweeting and flavorings quite right.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: to curb chocolate cravings

You mean to tell me (sob) that I now have no excuse for indulging my chocolate cravings??

Second thoughts. I have run out of sesame seeds!! Yippee!

o

:o) Sigh... pill! :o) A friend of mine went to some sort of Essene commune, very strict dietary rules... she came back with this...I thought chocolate was a vegetable... but, it's a fruit! :D

o

Every tried raw chocolate? (cacao) Not bad. Especially in smoothies with a little bananna and raw cane sugar . . .

o

oh SHUT UP! :o) *grin*

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here