Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adderall replacement

Posted by haseo (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 28, 07 at 12:20

A aquitence I know asked me if I knew where to get adderrall I don't I was wondering is there any herbal to take to tide him over until so he can focus well?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adderall replacement

I think it's something he needs to get from a doctor. It can have very serious side effects and is usually only prescribed for attention deficit disorder, but if he's taking it like 'speed' or a meth high, you shouldn't be helping him there because it's very dangerous.

o

I was asking if there was anything herbal to tide him over till he can we're college students and we have alot of classes.

o

There are no acceptable herbal substitutes for amphetamines to be used to stay awake in or prepare for classes. Misusing Adderall (a prescription amphetamine mix) can have serious consequences.

A time-honored "herbal" preparation for alertness is coffee (Do they still make Jolt Cola (all the sugar and twice the caffeine)?). If you were Peruvian peasants you could chew on coca leaves, but that's sort of frowned upon in this country. :)

o
Kay

Yeah I thought there would be nothing, but it was worth a try.

o

haseo, you might want to try taking a ginko biloba supplement. It won't have the effect you seem to be looking for (wakefulness, prolonged & deep focus), but a regular supplement MAY help with general clarity and concentration.

As I understand it, ginko increases circulation (by thinning the blood?), particularly to the head and other extremities, and it takes time to have a noticable effect. I'm a student, also, and took ginko for about a year, with fair results -- in fact, I'm going back to it. Even if it was merely a placebo, I know of no negative results in trying it. Ginko has been studied pretty extensively, and there's a lot of good information out there. (Most studies that I've seen cautiously conclude that results vary from person to person, but that there's an overall tendency for users to benefit mentally.)

Good luck with school! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here