Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raw_nature

Favorite Herbal Concoction?

Raw_Nature
11 years ago

Hello!

What is your favorite herbal concoction/combination?

How do you take it? Ex. Tea,tincture, salve,etc

Where do you obtain it? Ex. Forage, purchase online,etc

What do you use it for? Ex. Insomnia, colds, cancer,etc

Are you seeing any benefits or concerns?

Comments (13)

• HerbDoctor
    11 years ago

Joe:

Your questions are broad and uninformative. In other words, it's like asking "What's your favorite life experience? How do you do it? Where do you go to do it? What do you do with your life experience? Are you any wiser from the experience."

HerbDoctor

• Raw_Nature
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh,my!

Joe

• HerbDoctor
    11 years ago

Joe:

Touche.

I use about 600 different herbs in my business. Where does one begin?

HerbDoctor

• kaliaman
    11 years ago

another condescending insult followed by bragging, herb doctor you are so predictable! ha

herbal masters will tell you that its best to know a smaller number of herbs really well than a whole lot not so well. respected herbalist teachers, like michael tierra for example, say you can practice really well with about 150 herbs if you know them in great depth.

the best form for administering an herb depends on a few things: the herb itself ( its chemical constituents), the client's preference, dosing compliance, convenience, etc.

for example nervine and pain herbs do really well administered as tinctures, the alcohol base passes directly into the bloodstream carrying the medicinal properties with it, takes effect very quickly.

urinary tract infections are best treated with herbal teas..watery medicine for a watery ailment. make sense?

its can be fun to play with joe, perhaps try it and see.

• Raw_Nature
    Original Author
    11 years ago

My questions are broad and uninformative?

Broad? - I asked what's your favorite combination of herbs?

Uninformative - Normally the person asking the question wants information, and is seeking for the Answer to be informative. If you would like information, you can ask your own questions.

Herbdoctor my friend! I was curious about your name! What is your business? If you work with herbs so much, why'd you have to give me a hard time? Why didn't you just tell me your favorite combination of herbs?

You see i post these because if people answer, i think it would be very informative..

Joe

• jll0306
    11 years ago

Elderberry extract. I always keep a bottle going during during flu season.
    Jan

• Raw_Nature
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jan, thanks for posting! I look forward to foraging for elderberrys this season! You should collect them yourself and make your own, least you would know what your taking! Plus it would save you a few bucks!

Appreciate it,
    Joe

• jll0306
    11 years ago

Joe, I would love to grow my own, but am not willing to fuss over any plant that doesn't love dry heat and alkaline soil. From what I've read neither of those are great for elderberries. I do make my own, and use berries from an organic supplier.

I've just recently started playing around with other extractions. I use a Damiana/St. John's Wort mix daily, and as my husband has certain health conditions that are associated with stroke, I also have a periwinkle extract ready for emergency use.

Jan

• Raw_Nature
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sounds like your in the right direction Jan! I wish I had some of the wild herbs(weeds) like you do in that warm climate.. You don't neccesarily have to grow anything to harvest medicinal herbs, they grow wild all around you, in fact you can't get rid of them, thus why they call them weeds! I'm sure there is something similar to elderberry that you can pick fresh, locally in your area.. Its best to consume the herbs in your area, they grow there for a reason, they will help you with the heat and other "problems" in your particular area.. It is much more harmonious to your body and you get a real connection with nature eating right out your woods,backyards,etc... Grab a good foraging book and harvest your own! It will save your wallet and your health!

Thanks,
    Joe

• jll0306
    11 years ago

Oh, yes, I am paying attention to what groes 'wild' here, and letting them find a place in my garden. Although U have to say, the DH is digging in his heels on eating spring greens harvested from the mustard and dandelion patches. So, for him I cultivate the culinary greens..

Jan

• greenman62
    11 years ago

i take tons of powders.

My daily is

Beet root
    Maca
    Spirulina
    Rhodiola rosea
    Moringa Olifera
    Nettle
    Dandelion

• Raw_Nature
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Greenman:

Do you buy yours or make them yourself?

• Raw_Nature
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Greenman:

Do you buy yours or make them yourself?

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?
More Discussions