Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honeysuckle

Posted by chineseherbs 9 Florida (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 20, 05 at 18:00

This is considered an invasive weed in the south, but it is a common Chinese herb used to treat all kinds of infections and fevers. You may learn more about it here:
http://www.chinesetherapeutics.org/jinyinhua.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honeysuckle

Hmmm, never seen any of this before in Malaysia. Wondering what it taste like.... Thanx for this informational article!!!

o

I've noticed, in a local Asian grocery store, the dried Honeysuckle blossoms being sold, and wondered about this.

I hve a large stand of Japanese Honeysuckle partially covering my little gazebo; maybe it will pay me back for sparing it to have its fragrance....

:o)

o

Whether or not there's anything to the "legendary' use of this plant in TCM, it would be very beneficial to the environment if the Japanese honeysuckle that's invaded all over creation were to be dug up for medicinal purposes. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here