Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zzackey

I'm looking for stinging nettles seeds

zzackey
12 years ago

I would like to have these seeds so I can grow the plants to make a tea for my pain. Does anyone have them?

Comments (15)

• kk1515
    12 years ago

horizon herbs sells them, high quality too

• fatamorgana2121
    12 years ago

Richters sells them as well. Though I seem to recall nettle seeds needing cold stratification. I could be misremembering but at this point in the season you could see if neighbors, relatives, co-workers, anyone (!) nearby has these plants. They will undoubtedly be happy if you came and dug them up. From seed, it takes nettle plants some time to mature and get established enough for harvesting. Starting with plants will give you a big head start on your nettle patch.

FataMorgana

• theherbalist2012
    12 years ago

Zackey:

In all my years as an herbalist, I've never known nettle to be a pain-reliever. Please, elaborate. What's the pain from?

It might be better to use another herb/herbs to eliminate the cause of the pain instead of pain management alone, if that's the case.

Thanks.

theherbalist

• zzackey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I read in an herb book by Rodale that it was good for rheumatism. I figured if it worked for that, it might work for pain. I fell in 2004 and hit the back of my head. I suffered a mild concussion. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and sleep apnea caused by the trauma of the fall. I was using a sleep apnea machine until I started having headaches 24/7 and I could stand anything touching my face. I also became extremely sensitive to touch. Just a light touch on my body feels light someone hit me hard. I also have bad neck pain, tail bone pain (from another fall)and extreme pain on my whole right side. My hand was damaged when I had an IV needle stuck into it 2 years ago. I have fallen down several times and have almost always landed on my right side. I have a basd pain in the very bottom of my abdomen. I've had all kinds of gastro tests and they found nothing wrong. I have knee pain, lots of pain in both thighs and heel spurs in both heels. My stomach hurts after I eat anything. No meds work for any of my conditions. My right upper arm feels like someone drove a nail into it. Maybe from a shot given wrong? I have heaviness in my chest from GERD and COPD. Any advice and help would be deeply appreciated.

• theherbalist2012
    12 years ago

Zackey: Your problems are extensive, as you are well aware. Nothing can be determined nor suggested on a forum. If you were in Arizona, I wouldn't hesitate to do an analysis and an herbal program. You could experience relief in about 5-10 days.

I see problems with the Liver and Possibly Kidney systems. More information would be needed in order to properly apply herbal remedies.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Charlie, theherbalist

• zzackey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I came to this forum thinking I could get advice/help. I don't understand what this forum is about.

• theherbalist2012
    12 years ago

Zackey:

Personally, I come here to expound on my smug self-importance. How am I doing?

All kidding aside, you can't get high quality professional treatmenton a mere forum. I treat people professionally, and it takes a lot of work to determine the specific needs of an individual. It's science.

Sorry.

theherbalist

• theherbalist2012
    12 years ago

Zackey:

Personally, I come here to expound on my smug self-importance. How am I doing?

All kidding aside, you can't get high quality professional treatment on a mere forum. I treat people professionally, and it takes a lot of work to determine the specific needs of an individual. It's science.

Sorry.

theherbalist

• fatamorgana2121
    12 years ago

Agreed. If you are looking to use herbs for your health, find a local health care professional that can work with you.

You can also educate yourself, but it is nothing that happens over night or with a simple answer in a forum post. It takes work and effort.

FataMorgana

• theherbalist2012
    12 years ago

fatamorgana:

I see you posting a lot on here. Are you also a practitioner?

Thanks.

theherbalist

• fatamorgana2121
    12 years ago

An herbalist but that is not what pays the bills. My own interests put me on the plant-side of herbalism, growing, identification, harvesting, wildcrafting, stewardship, etc.

I do visit this forum, but the Herbs, Name that Plant, Natives, and Woodland forums are where I usually spend my time. The Herbs forum is a nice one for the plant-side of herbalism, including medicinal herbs though culinary herbs are most often discussed.

FataMorgana

• kk1515
    12 years ago

re the use of nettles for rheumatism..this is indeed true but its not used in tea form. its the sting that is used. a person would lightly brush painful stiff rheumatic areas of the body with the fresh nettle plant...the sting is a counter irritant increasing circulation in the affected area resulting in redness and relief from pain. works much like a liniment that heats an area up and thereby gives temporary relief from pain. ex: ben gay

• jolj
    12 years ago

This may help you.

Here is a link that might be useful: SEEDS

• seed_strewn
    11 years ago

I grow Nettles (organic) and have Seeds available, along with a 33 pg booklet on uses, history & how to grow. To order go to Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/nettles-seeds

Here is a link that might be useful: Nettle Seeds

• WinstonL
    11 years ago

These folks have organic seed of perennial stinging nettle:

http://www.agtoseeds.com/collections/medicinal-herbs/products/organic-stinging-nettle

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company
More Discussions