Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eibren

Small Shiny White Tuber?

eibren
15 years ago

While I was digging in the dusk last night to put in another spearmint in one of the shadier, less promising spots that was newly roughed out a ear or so ago, I dug up a very smooth, white tuber about 2 1/4 inches long, probably no more than 1/3 inch wide, with a little knobby spot about 1/4 inch wide on the side of one end, and a little ripple along the length. There didn't seem to be any connection to any stems or roots, or any new growth beginning yet, and for a moment I wondered if it was some sort of chrysalis, but I recovered it with soil, certain I could identify it on Google--but Google was little help.

Are any of you familiar with such a tuber? I planted a woodland flower in that general location which has not appeared yet...also, I think I planted some sort of Wood Betony plant near there...?

At least I didn't actually pull out my hollyhock that I put in last year--it was looking way too much like wild mustard, and I almost did, until I saw the stem...good thing I'm a gentle weeder....

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions