Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hapslappy

Permanent dark eye circles?

Hapslappy
20 years ago

Hi everyone, My boyfriend has what seems to be permanent dark circles under his eyes and around his eyelids. I always thought it was "cute" for some reason, but it really makes him embarrassed. He says he's had them for at least 12 years (he's 30). I've searched online for something on this subject, & find lots about "puffy" eyes, but not dark circles (that aren't puffy). Do potato slices work for dark circles, or is there some kind of herbal solution? This does not have anything to do with sleep, I just don't get it. Thanks for any help, Shannon

Comments (77)

• Hapslappy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wow, it was a long time ago I started this thread. Well, we still haven't smoked cigarettes in a long time & have been exercising regularly. He still has the dark circles. They're a little better, but certainly not gone. I don't believe it has much to do with sleep.... there's a difference between my lack-of-sleep-circles & his everyday ones. I just don't know. Shannon

• tonyb1955
    17 years ago

Well after 20 mins to signup to post I will write it again because it lost the post. I have very dark circles since my teens, infact I have the worse dark circles I have ever seen on anyone else. I have tried everything, doctors have tested my kidneys, blood and what ever. seems they are just part of me. People do treat you different when you have them, like something is wrong with you. I wear glasses all the time to try to cover them. The best I am able to do is lighten them a little. hylexin is working a little problaaly the best results I have had with anything. seems a little expensive but it did lighten my eyes in about a month of use(a little lighter). Someone I know even made a comment that they where lighter. I will keep trying it, we will see. I am 51 and had a lifetime of these dark circles I hate them, so if anyone knows of anything better let me know. I own a christmas company so I am not pluging hylexin but it did work a little so far

• lemonspice
    17 years ago

Over the last two years I have had to deal with dark circles not just under my eyes but around them too. People generally are not kind about it. I wanted to tell everyone that I do believe it often is related to anemia. Although, I have taken multivitamins with iron, it wasn't until I added extra vitamin c tablets that I have noticed my circles are starting to fade. I have read that vitamin c aides in the absorption of iron. It has been 3 weeks since I started the extra vitamin c and there is a noticeable difference. I am really excited that they may actually disappear and wanted to let others know. I know people think I either get no sleep or I do drugs. False to both of those.

• lemonspice
    17 years ago

ayzee,
    I've tried many of your suggestions and did not see any noticeable difference. It has been very frustrating for me. I believe I have been borderline or anemic for a few years and am seeing some improvement of my dark circles since I changed my diet, added more fluids and recently started the multivitamin with iron and extra vitamin c.I think everyone should try as many of the suggestions offered to see what works best for them.

• bramble_farm
    17 years ago

Dark eye circles can be a sign of chronic dehydration. I had them for years until I was told that. I can always tell when I haven't been drinking enough because my upper eyelids start to turn a light brown color, like an eye shadow. I found that I had to drink between 70-80 oz (2-2.5 liters) of water (not including caffinated OR high sugar beverages) to keep them from being visible. Most people get no where near the amount of water they really need.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    17 years ago

I'm w/ ayzee on the idea that there might a number of different reasons for dark circles - everyone is different & may be sensitive to or lacking in different things.

I know I had them real bad when I was younger & my body/lifestyle was much more toxic than it is now.I thought it hereditary (& I have VERY thin, fair skin).

But since I've eliminated all pharmaceuticals & processed foods(white sugar & flours, fats, meats, 'junk' foods), coffee, soda, & eat 99% organic, my under-eye concealer is a thing of the past.

My BIL is from Peru - he is dark-complexioned & has very dark circles around his eyes - & lotsa food sensitivities & stress as well.I imagine that even if he purified his life completely, he would still have some darkness around the eyes

• mohammedsk_hotmail_com
    17 years ago

I have them from heredity so almost impossible to remove. So far what i came up with....

Works somewhat: aloette eye restore, beuticontrol eye cream and juice organics eye treatment.
    Helps: sleep, drinking water, less stress, excercise.
    Long term: use sun block and antioxidants such as vit C products made for eyes.
    Always: concealer

Hope this helps!

• reverse_raccoon
    17 years ago

I actually have the opposite problem. Most of my face is a normal color I guess except under my eyes, where it is ghost white. It is especially noticeable in the summer if I happen to get some sun because the area under the eyes will not tan no matter what. But even all year round it is present. The best way to describe it would be to picture someone who has been out skiing all day wearing goggles. In fact, people tell me ALL THE TIME that I must have been outside wearing sunglasses even though I never wear them. Has anybody ever heard of anything like this before? Is there anything I can do? It has been like this for at least 10 years. I am 30 now. Thank you.

• lemonspice
    17 years ago

I think you should be checked for anemia. Iron deficiency may cause the whiteness under your eyes.

• angel246
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I've had extremely dark circles around my eyes for several years now and I'm only 16. I have no choice to cover it up with makeup which I feel uncomfortable about and don't want. Noone in my family has such dark circles so i doubt that it is hereditary. I have tried 'Fade Out' cream and eye patches but they have made no difference. I have also tried cucumber slices and tea bags but no difference. I get enough sleep and do not smoke. I rub my eyes alot but only because they are itchy. Can you suggest anything?

• slushxlush
    17 years ago

Does anyone know if "Hylexin" works?
    it is for serious undereye dark circles.
    I don't know if i should really spend $95 dollars for it.

not only do i have dark undereye circles (no puffiness) but my skin also SINKS IN under my eyes. Sometimes i want my eyes to be puffy so it wouldn't sink in so much and contribute to the undereye darkening. =(

i'll try the whole iron and vitamin C diet though! I really hope it makes an improvement.

It stinks when people ask me if i've slept, or ask if i'm a "crackhead" because of my dark circles.

Thank you for posting up suggestions though!
    I actually went to go donate blood, and they told me that i couldn't do it, because my iron levels were too low. So that anemia thing makes a lot of sense to me right now haha.

-Malisa, 18

• wuvyoo
    17 years ago

What is the connection between dark circles and depression? I'm reading a book on depression, in which the author, remembering a relative's depression, says "I must not have noticed the dark circles under her eyes, which I now know to look for."

• mommystuff
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I too have dark circles under my eyes. I started using Hylexin about 14 months ago. It worked within 3 days! I was skeptical about it, but since it came with a money-back guarantee I decided to give it a try. I has been a phenomenal find for me, but is expensive. Now the really good news. I found a product at CVS that has the same ingredients and works just as well!! It's called PreVentin AT and the packaging looks like the Hylexin. I've been using the CVS brand for about 8 months now and it only costs $19.95. I only use it once a day now, before bedtime, and the darkness has not come back. To be honest I have to tell you I do still have some shadowing under my eyes, but it is very light compared to before I started using the Hylexin and CVS product. Hope this info helps all of you.
    Blessings, Kelly

• ugablondie
    17 years ago

To mommystuff. Thanks for the tip on the product at CVS. I will definately try it! The product I've seen on TV it outrageously expensive. I am also going to try adding more iron to my diet. I have gotten back on Vitamin C. Maybe with the three, I will fix this. I have had dark circles for years, and they seem to be getting darker. Concealer works somewhat, but has anyone ever noticed what you look like in a picture? You look like you smeared white paint under your eyes.

• ugablondie
    17 years ago

Went to CVS and got the cream. It was 24.99 here. Ran over to Walgreen's while I was out, and they have what might be a comparable for 19.99. If this works, and when I need more, I will take the box and compare igredients. Thanks for the tip, here's to lighter eyes! :)

• dance_nations
    17 years ago

Hi mommystuff, i tried Hylexin and it didnt help me at all, i've also tried Ocuderm and circle clear and they didnt work either!

I read on another forum that i-balm is meant to be a good product for dark circles, i just started using it 4 day's ago and i'm pretty sure i can see some results already, i will keep you all updated.. have anyone else tried or had any success with i-balm?

• ugablondie
    17 years ago

dance nations: I have not heard of i-balm. Is it in the eye care section of the drugstore? I have been using the Preventin AT, supposedly the generic to Hylexin for 9 days now. I don't think I'm getting any results at all. Maybe a tad, but wonder if it's wishful thinking. HELP

• trnoruzica
    17 years ago

Where I can to find I-BALM?

• amazon
    17 years ago

This may not apply to anyone but statistically it will apply to a few. as high as 40% of out population is infected by some parasite or another. Pumpkin seeds and the shell will kill intestinal worms. Your bady may naturally keep them in check enough that youdon't know but they can also get out of hand till it is impossible to ignore.
    You might try a bag of pumpkin seeds. Maybe it's just a worm? ha

• ugablondie
    17 years ago

Okay, the Preventin AT does not work. Been using it religeously since January 15th, and it was a waste of money. I will look for the I-Balm if the poster does not reply as to where it can be purchased. Went to a website by entering I-Balm, and it seemed to be something else.

Amazon: what does intestinal worms have to do with this topic?

• Gardener972
    17 years ago

I'd seriously look at cleaning out the liver & kidneys with products from the health food store...glandulars, vitamins, and herbs.

• rusty_blackhaw
    17 years ago

The first few responses in this thread got to the heart of the matter. Allergies or genetic predisposition (for instance, pale skin that accentuates the deep purplish tone imparted by blood vessels under the eye) are likely sources of dark eye circles. Lack of sleep and excess alcohol consumption could be related factors. Iron deficiency anemia is an unlikely cause (though pale skin due to anemia may accentuate existing dark eye circles).

As far as over-the-counter solutions, cosmetic coverup products may be helpful.

• dance_nations
    17 years ago

Sorry for the late reply... ermmm just type in i-balm into google and it's the 2nd search result down i think!!

Ive been using it for a while now... it's workin pretty darn gud, its not got rid of them completely but its reduced them by quite a lot!

• dance_nations
    17 years ago

Oh and i don't think you can buy i-balm in the shops (well i havnt seen it anywhere) i bought mine off ebay!!

• lilamy
    17 years ago

I also have dark bluish eye circles. I have a genetic disorder that was just discovered and as it is treated my eye circles are getting lighter. My problem was with absorbing too much iron from my food and it building up in my system over the years and ultimately iron was being deposited in my liver, kidnies and other organs and joints. I will be 31 this year. Hemochromatosis is a VERY common disorder that is predominant in those of northern european and celtic descent. The bags under eyes may run in families, but doctors are finding more and more that there is a reason for them and it is often an early indicator of some small (or large) problem.

• borjana
    16 years ago

I have had this problem for 25 yrs. My eyelids are a light brownish colour and under my eyes, especially under the inside corners near my nose. I never had bags. I have very thin fragile skin. I am very pale, blue-eyed and have a creamy complexion and of Serbian descent. No cream worked for me. When I put eyeshadow on, it changes colours and goes to a dull grayish reddish colour that I look sick.

I am low in iron and I hardly drink any water plus I do not eat meat however my mom also has this problem and she is blonder than me. So I guess it is hereditary. Some people have naturally thick skin in the eye area that it shows up as white - the blood vessels are stronger.

Also I think that the shape of the eye can contribute to shadows under the eyes. So that could be a double-whammy!

I just learned to live with it.

• jerryeez6
    16 years ago

I bought a product I heard on the radio, claimed a lot, as usual. It is called Hydroleyes. They send you a 30 day trial, but they will keep charging you if you do not cancel. I started using it but not as instructed or for more than a few days. I kept getting it in my eyes which would then get irritated, red eyes with dark circles lol great. So I cancelled after getting enough jars for 6 months. They were easy to get a hold of, offered a refund on the last shipment and were friendly about it. Good customer service. I pasted a link to a review site below, I type in Preventin AT, surprising review. Then I typed in hydroleyes, this is a good site for info, you can type in any cosmetic product and get unbiased info. I will try the hydoleyes again as instructed. This time I will use a mirror, so not to get it in my sensitive eyes. I will post again in a few weeks with results or lack of. Hope this is helpful

Here is a link that might be useful: Beautiful Review

• gary_lloyd
    16 years ago

Hello there. I am a 20/M and have had dark full circles right around my eyes for around 5-6 years, before that they just started out as a little dark patch between my eye and nose. They progressively got worse since then. I have been depressed, I smoke (cannabis also), I have just recently started to exerise and eat healthier (well actually just eat less ;p), but I do not put it down to any of that. What I put these circles down to is an over developed muscle under the skin (I squint almost constantly, didn't even realise to a few year ago) and rubbing of the eye. Ofc I'm no doctor and chances are I'm wrong so please don't quote me ;p. I'm not bothered about them, they are common and can always resolve it with laser surgery.

P.S. A tip to reduce the visibility for a few hours. 1st of all a good sleep 8-10 hours. A lack of sleep amplifies the darkness, although saying that so does too much hehe. Wash your eyes with a strong soap, or alcohol cleanser to take away any grease(it relfects light and makes it look worse). Last of all have two ice cubes wraps in cling film or plastic and place on every part of the dark circles and all around (including above eye lid) firmly pressing for 10 mins before moving onto another section of the dark circle. This lightens the complexity and taughts the skin of my eyes enough to have a confident night out.

• apollog
    16 years ago

There are many possible causes. The circles are symptoms of many different conditions.

One not mentioned: mouth breathing is associated with facial aging, including dark circles around the eyes.

In addition to the idea of kidney deficiency, both Chinese and western medicine recognize something along the lines of blood stasis or hypercoagulation.

If the problem is caused by hyperpigmentation (melanin), then nothing short of skin bleaching (quinone creams or laser procedure) will do much good. Not a good place to put that type of cream - to close to the eyes.

Another thing to consider: capillary fragility. This is a result of many different 'causes' of eye circles. Allergies and sinusitis result in lots of histamine release around the eyes, which disrupts capillary health. Lack of exercise does this. So does metabolic syndrome and diabetes. Increasing anthocyanin pigments in the diet (fruits, veggies, some grains and legumes) can help with this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Study finds topical Vitamin K, A, E, and C help some with eye circles.

• apollog
    16 years ago

Here's another study that found that two types of plant compounds (somewhat related to camphor and pinene) increased nitric oxide and micro-circulation of the skin on the face. It resulted in some improvement of eye circles, and had a more pronounced effect in reddening lips.

Again, this won't help if the problem is too much melanin pigment. Not sure where to get these two plant compounds in the appropriate strength ... maybe pine rosin? Dunno. This research is not ready for prime-time, but it sheds some light on one cause of eye circles - poor microcirculation.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bicyclic Monoterpene diols and blood circulation on the face

• bj_bobbi_jo
    16 years ago

Im not sure if someone has mentioned it yet so Im sorry if I am repeating what others have said.

I recently learned that taking and or eating alfalfa helps. Now if I can just remember to take the alfalfa pills everyday then perhaps I will notice the darkness under my eyes getting lighter.

Also food allergies and low iron can cause it. Probably all forms of allergies can cause it.

• lizzy_2010_2010
    13 years ago

Hi, I too suffer from dark under-eye circles, ever since I was in my late teens. Someone guessed my age at 29 when I was 18!! I think I have found the cause(es) and this may help someone. Five years ago, after having some random tests at the docs, it was discovered there was an excess of blood in my urine. To cut a long story short, I have been diagnosed with a kidney condition, which I may have had for twenty years without ever knowing. I had no specific pain, and would never have known. I also found out I have only 2 stores of iron, instead of 30-120. As a result, I am monitored every six months. For me, it is not the end of the world - I have just slowly changed my lifestyle. I have given up alcohol, and I limit my intake of processed foods. I take a natural liquid iron supplement (Spatone) with pomegranate juice (no constipation!). I no longer take medications unless absolutely necessary. I go to the gym 3 times a week, I walk my dogs nearly every day. I wear sun-block and a hat on a sunny day. I consciously stop myself from rubbing my eyes - yes, I'm allergic to household sprays and perfumes, and probably a whole bunch of other chemicals I don't know about, so a use a steam-mop to clean the floors. I have taken baby-steps to improve my quality of life, and slowly but surely my black-eyes are becoming less noticable, and a side-effect is I've lost weight and feel happier. My best friend once asked me "How do you eat an elephant?" the answer is "in bite-sized chunks". One step at a time :)

• Julbean
    12 years ago

You can go to a dermatologist or plastic surgeon and gets restylene injections if you have tried all else and nothing works.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dark circles

• acejacko
    12 years ago

hi, i am 22 years old and male, and have had dark circles for ages now, but they got worse in the last year, probably due to my bad lifestyle. i stare at the computer almost all day and sometimes all night. i didn't realize this would effect me until i read it. so just so you all know, try to have breaks from the computer as to much computer glare could damage the under eyes. also, my bad diet probably made my eyes worse.

i have tried all sorts of creams and take vitamins but nothing has worked.

But now, i am actually seeing results with a cream i found. it has not completely rid my circles, but i can see they have faded and im only 2 weeks into using this cream.

The cream ( well, its like oily liquid ) is called ''Nur76 Fade Out Under eyes''.

i have to say it is the best cream ive purchased so far.

it says best results are within 90 days guaranteed....so im very exited as 2 weeks has already helped.

i will also try and get more exercise and cut out all the tunk food and soda i used to drink alot.

Also did you know maybe a detox will help? your body could be toxic. and this causes DARK CIRCLES. im trying a detox right now, in pill form though, i can't hack a food detox. i get too hungry lol.

just look it up online guys, im trying everything i come across in stages, i will get there i am determined to get rid of these completely, they are ruining my life, self esteem etc.

all the home remedies like tea bags and cucumbers etc, are just short term help. so don't think they will ''cure'' your dark circles, it will just help reduce inflammation and the tiny blood vessels under your skin for an hour or 2.

so remember, a good cream like nur76, will help from the outside, but you have to help your inside too. so eat good food and try a body cleanse! get rid of the toxins and parasites that you have built up over the years from all that junk processed food etc!

for the cheapest place to get nur76 go here:

http://lightskin.co.uk/nur76-fade-out-under-eye-circles-skin-lightening-20ml.html

it is �27. and also, you get 10% discount i think on your first purchase. enjoy :)

• jonesella17
    9 years ago

Some would use slice of cucumber around the eyes to remove dark circles. I got dark circles before because I sleep late at night and I tried cucumber. Well, it lightens up.

• mimbimbam
    9 years ago

Bikram yoga. It has helped me tremendously. It's hot yoga, performed under 105 degrees., 1.5 hrs, you sweat so much that your kidneys take a break. I started drinking tons of water, and improved my diet significantly. I take vitamin K and I've noticed a difference - not under my eyes though but on my legs; I used to get bruises very easily, and with vitamin K I don't bruise at all.

I also stopped smoking and drinking alcohol, and trust me when I say that it is not a sacrifice; it's exactly the opposite, it has enhanced my life. I feel happy, calm, and true to myself. But back to dark circles - alcohol and cigs only hurt my appearance, especially around he eyes.

I also use coconut oil for around the eyes before going to bed, and see an effect too. I still have dark circles, but I swear by my bikram yoga practice - after each class when my blood circulation is at its peak, I don't see any darkness.

Do what works for you, but I agree with the two folks who talked about the kidney problems - the issue may be a lot bigger. I also agree with the theory that our biggest health issues start much earlier, when we are young, and we should examine and address every issue at an early stage.

With all of that said, healthy diet (natural foods only, nothing processed) and exercise to keep your circulation going, you be the best it you can be.

M

• water0125
    9 years ago

I would second (Or third) the suggestion of allergies. Most people consider allergies to just be seasonal or related to environmental conditions, like ragweed, hayfever or animals. In reality, most of the allergies that cause dark eye circles are from food. Eliminating gluten and/or dairy will likely make a huge difference.

I eliminated gluten and dairy when my youngest was born. Until that point, I had always had dark circles. Once I eliminated, truly eliminated, those items, the dark circle completely faded. Be aware that you must completely eliminate the food to have any improvement.

As far as the hereditary aspect, many times allergies are hereditary also. Don't assume that you are stuck with dark circles! Your body is telling you something.

• Andy Lee
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

There is 4 way i know that
    so far that work pretty well to remove eye bags and i quite like the 4th 1 that
    work amazingly

check them out

1. Go potato: Slice a raw
    potato (after refrigerating for a couple of minutes) into two and circle the
    closed eyes gently with those halves. Place it on your eyes so that it also
    covers the puffed ares under your eyes and leave it like that for 15-20 minutes.
    You'll notice a tremendous change in those bags as they'll be diminished in
    size.

2. Milky way: If you have
    extremely puffed up eyes this is the regular regime that you will have to
    follow. Dip cotton pads in chilled milk and place on your eyelids and relax for
    20-30 minutes. This well help your eyes in water retention and it would also
    cool them off .

3. Oily help: Take chilled
    water in a bowl and add a few drops of vitamin E oil to it, now mix the two
    well. Dip cotton pads in this mixture and place on the eyes for 20 minutes,
    this well help in reducing the swelling around the eyes.

4. check out this video of
    the magical serum that remove eye bag instantly like magic

personally,
    I have tried this wonderful product that has been helping me look younger.
    people thought I went for surgery to look younger and I told them no they were
    quite surprise haha

video of how it work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us97EHZwe_E

you can get them from here:

http://tinyurl.com/nomoreeyebag1

• Mj
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hello. I have a very bad case of darkness around the eyes (no bags or swelling). Probably the worst case anyone has ever seen. It is so bad that I'm too ashamed to go to the dermatologist without makeup and I know that probably sounds silly.. I basically look like i'm wearing a mask (think Batman's sidekick Robin). I am African American with light brown skin but around my eyes my skin is basically black.

I have dealt with it my entire life. In my pictures I notice that they started to show up when I was around 3 and progressed as I got older. I was bullied every single day and by the time I reached middle school I started having suicidal thoughts. Kids would call me "raccoon" and "black eyes". Even adults in my small town would describe me as the girl with the "black eyes". My family always treated it like it was no big deal but kids at school can be very mean.

Anyway once I reached high school and was allowed to wear makeup I have done that ever since. I hate wearing makeup but I'm so used to wearing it and people don't stare at me like they used to. I have always rubbed my eyes because they itch especially when i'm tired and my parents always said that's what caused it. I just wonder if any of these products you guys are suggesting will help me. I have thought about plastic surgery laser treatment but some things don't work for African American skin. I just want a normal life..I only walk around without makeup in front of my 5 year old. My husband has seen me without makeup but trust me it was by accident! Obviously he loves me unconditionally flaws and all but I just feel uncomfortable.

• vhaight
    8 years ago

I have/had the same issue. I tried a hundred things. Two things that helped. First, dark circles can be a sign of a vitimin deficiency. Get a GOOD multi that works with your medical needs that you, not I, know. Second, I thought about a blind person having dark circles because he doesn't use his eye muscles. So I started exercising my eye muscles. IT WORKED!!! It isn't 100%, but it is sooooo much better, I am so happy. I open wide, scrunch, open wide, scrunch, I use my whole face, really, and my forehead, and look around and just exercise my eye muscles in any way I can. I did lots at first, but when I saw results, I slowed down to 40-50/a day. I still use makeup for work, but I actually look human! I used to have people constantly saying I looked tired or sick. Also, the best concealer is "Well Rested" by Bare Essentials. I think it comes in darker skin shades too. Anyway, just wanted to tell you.

• Mj
    8 years ago

Thanks! Unfortunately that one didn't work for me. My concealer is smashbox high definition concealer, it doesn't look all weird in flash photographs. I used to take multivitamins every day, I have slacked off but even when I did it didn't help. My hair did grow long though! :) I will try the eye exercises..never heard of that one.

• arreeves65
    8 years ago

Hi Shannon! Maybe this will help, but the "Doctors" (TV show on ABC) will have a special on this condition tomorrow. 11-23-2015. Check it out. Hope this helps.

• kevinbautista9
    8 years ago

I feel the dark eye circles are a signs of lower oxygen levels in the blood..

Something no one else has brought up that might be worth looking at is your jaw position, and body posture. If you have forward head posture, it is likely your jaw also retrudes back. This can sometimes be confused as an overbite. When you have a retruded jaw your airway is restricted. Everybody I meet with that has dark circles, also has a retruded jaw. You may not see it because they likely also have forward head posture, which somewhat hides the true position of the jaw. A test you can do at home is to stand against a wall with your head and back touching the wall, then take a photo of your side profile. This will show if you have a retruded jaw . Now fixing your retruded jaw and posture is a totally different story :/. I have dark circles and want to look into orthotropics, but do not currently have the funds :(z.

• cooper joss
    6 years ago

My under eye skin is very tender and the blood capillaries tend to break when my eyes are stressed..I used dermalmd's serum for dark circles daily thrice and it is doing wonder for me.it gives a soothing effect...I love DAT..I also apply before going to bed..I have terrible dark circles but I am only 21... So it worried me..this gave me relief..oh yes.

• danev pal
    6 years ago

dermalmd is best

• everyln saundes
    6 years ago

I am very happy with the results of this serum. I've noticed dark circles under my eyes more frequently. I used dermalmd eye treatment product daily for 5 weeks and I definitely have seen a difference.

• Mokinu
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Something that helps me a lot with dark areas under my eyes (and sunken in eyes) is white mulberries (the actual berries—not the leaves, although I'm not sure whether or not the leaves help there, too). I have a lot of other issues that eating white mulberries alleviate, too (chronic constipation, depression, involuntary movements, auras, etc.; they strengthen my immune system, and I only get sick maybe once or twice a year, now, instead of every other month, and when I do get sick, it doesn't last as long; I should note that although it alleviates constipation, it doesn't give me anything like diarrhea if I eat too many; the berries seem to have an antimicrobial effect, and they make my lungs feel good right after I eat them when I breathe in). If I stop eating them, the issues come back, though, but it's pretty miraculous how they make them go away. I only need to eat a few berries a day. I think a few in the morning and a few at night works best (you don't need to eat loads of them). I didn't need to eat hardly any at all when I first started taking them, though (1-3 berries a day; I don't need many more than that now, but I usually eat at least 4 twice a day, although usually more than that: they do taste pretty good). Be consistent with when you take them. They sell them at The Grocery Outlet here locally (but nuts.com also sells them).

When I first started taking them, if I ate too many (then too many wasn't very many), it would make me more depressed instead of less depressed (but I don't notice that happening so much anymore if I eat lots of them). So, dosage may matter.

Does he have any other issues? Does he have light sensitivity (to indoor light), by chance? I do (especially to fluorescent light), and I think it's related, for me. Using computers a lot, I think, can make dark areas under the eyes worse. If you take vitamin D3 (at least 400iu a day), that should lessen the light sensitivity considerably.

• Mokinu
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Also, try wearing an eye mask while sleeping, and/or make sure the room is completely dark when you sleep. Blocking blue and maybe also green light may also help.

• Mokinu
    6 years ago

Oh—and don't rub your eyes. I've found that ceasing from rubbing them helps a lot!

• alcottsmith
    6 years ago

Used dermalmd regularly, it is very effective for my dark circles.Aside sleep well will clear dark circles

Sponsored
Franklin County's Heavy Timber Specialists | Best of Houzz 2020!
More Discussions