Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
royp_gw

Sinus odour/infection.

royp
14 years ago

I have a constant odour in my right-hand sinus with associated bad taste; my normal smell and taste of food etc is not effected.

It is a bitter taste/smell not very pleasant, although IÂm getting used to it, but some days it seems worse than others.

It started over 18 months ago and my GP prescribed various antibiotics and nasal sprays all to no effect. I was then sent to the hospital and the consultant tried more powerful antibiotics, still with no positive results so I then had a CT scan, which showed an infection deep in the sinus near to the nerve from the eye.

Therefore surgery took place to open up the airways by removing some bone and they scraped away as much of the infection as possible, the idea being that the extra passage of air would heal the remaining infection.

Eight months later there has been no real improvement, I still have this odour and horrible taste, if I only breathe through the LH side there is no smell, so it definitely comes from the right sinus.

At my last visit to the hospital in February I was told that there was no more help that they could offer and that I would just have to live with it, which is a bit depressing.

Can anyone suggest any help for this condition?

I do take ÂSimvastatin and ÂMicardis Plus daily, but as far as IÂm aware they are not the cause.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions