Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brownheads..?

Posted by catiexcore CA (My Page) on
Mon, May 8, 06 at 15:01

On my nose, i have brownheads. They aren't quite blackheads because they are lightbrown, but still very visable. I've tried many things to get rid of them, including squishing them out with eyebrow pluckers (ew, i know) and what comes out is a yellow/whitish, snaky oil? Its fairly solid though. And the next day it's just back again.
Anyway, it bothers me SO much to look in the mirror and only be able to see them. Does anybody have any tips/advice/ideas on how i could get rid of them for good?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brownheads..?

Try steam. Pour some boiling water into a bowl, then cover your head and the bowl with a towel, and lean over so that the steam hits your face. You could add a drop or two of thyme or eucalyptus or lavender oil or tea-tree oil to the water. Then wipe your face over with balls of cotton-wool. You'll be surprised at the amount of gunk and dirt that you'll clean off, that has been clogging up your pores.

o

Very often, brownheads (blackheads) are produced because pores that are too large get dirt and sebaceous oil trapped in them. Daisy suggests a steam, which is great, but please make sure to close those pores afterwards, or you are asking for more brownhead trouble. Steam and heat will cause pores to open up. You need to splash cool water on your skin afterwards to close the pores. I also suggest following with a toner after you have splashed cool water. You can choose a commercial one, but witch hazel also works fabulously, is inexpensive and herbal. Or use a mild vinegar. You can infuse the vinegar or witch hazel with herbs if you so desire. Just strain thoroughly before use. Witch hazel and vinegar both help control excess oil.

o

Thank you i will try that tonight!

o

Umm.. I am new here and I have the same problem too. Mine is somewhat worse, though, as I also have spider veins on my face--particularly on my nostrils (ok, on my legs too, but I guess I should list them under a new thread). So I am afraid that any steam treatment will leave my face worse off. I exfoliate the b-heads every time I shower, but that too leaves my poor skin harassed and stings like hell. Yet if I don't, they really make my nose look like a yucky strawberry. I have large pores and a combination skin, and I am desparate for a solution. Please help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here