Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
itchy scalp...

Posted by skyecat12 NH (My Page) on
Wed, May 19, 04 at 21:34

Hi,
I recently have discovered little red bumps on my hand that itch insanely! Along with the itchiness, I am starting to have dandruff which has never happened to me before. I have just recently started using the Neutrogena T/GEL dandruff shampoo, but I don't know exactly what it is I am dealing with on my scalp. Does anyone know? And can anyone know of a "recipe" to help my scalp and rid the itchiness?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: itchy scalp...

Here's a bunch of posts that are related. You could also do a search on itchy. Hopefully they'll be some helpful inforamtion. Lynn

Here is a link that might be useful: Scalp search

o

selsun blue. Get the strong variety, not the normal stuff. There is another product called multi-tar. It is much more powerful but smells really really bad when it gets wet.

o

you have an allergy, stop using neutrogena, the hand head connection could be more than incidental, i have a horrible reaction to fructis!! try soapbark and rosemary rinses instead, they are cleansing, astringent and anti inflammatory. nettle and egg cream works well as a non allergic and soothing conditioner.
good luck...
love ella:)

o

If ther only thing you have changed recently is to the nutragena shampoo then that is the problem. Lose it! I agree with the poster above.

o

If ditching the shampoo doesn't help with the itchy scalp, you might go to your dr. I had the same problem & it ended up I have psorriasis on my scalp. Only on my scalp, go figure. I use Head & Shoulders shampoo & my dr gave me a steroid gel for when it flairs up. I am looking for some herbal remedies, though, too, that I could use on my scalp w/o smelling like a pasta dish or affecting my hair health or color.

o

• Posted by andy_sa South Australia (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 18, 09 at 8:06

Check with the doctor first. I was advised all the smelly (chemical-wise) shampoos,tar ointment, etc, when all I needed was a bit of vinegar in the rinse water. Do get your skin looked at first though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here