Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kidney stones

Posted by kfgesq z5NJ (My Page) on
Mon, May 9, 05 at 22:57

ok a very dear friend of mine has a kidney stone. doctor told him to drink a lot of water, it is very painful any remedies and any ideas as to how to prevent it in the future?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kidney stones

Well, my dad was told... no chocolate! EEEEK! no orange juice.... and again, like you said, puh-LENTY of water! I got them from a medicine I was taking... so I can sympathize....very very painful!

o

• Posted by Cacye Denver,CO (My Page) on
    Tue, May 10, 05 at 12:25

Apple juice, apple juice, apple juice.

o

Drinking enough water and juice to pee freely, grequently, is the best preventive.

Avoid caffeine, soft drinks, and alcohol.

Stop taking vitamin C tablets.

o

I can hear the screams of quackery from the greek chorus already, but you could google a search for Christopher Hobbs. He has interesting info/approaches he uses for kidney & gall stones.

~bushpoet

o

My husband had one several years ago. We were told (by the nurse in the urologist's office) to try Slippery Elm Tea, but he could hardly stand the taste. I bought an herb book and it recommended marshmallow root tea. Instead of the tea, he took the pills. I believe 3 a day and he finally passed it with absolutely no pain.

o

I have had success in the past year using an herbal tablet (a store-bought product) that contains turmeric root, gravel root, dandelion root extract, ginger root, lemon balm leaf, marshmallow root, parsley root, dandelion root and licorice root.

Also, check this out:

Here is a link that might be useful: Jump and Bump

o

Kidney stones affect half a million people every year, most often white males between the ages of 30 and 50
My urologist suggested that I drink no less than 12 glass of water a day. I was also told to drink 2-3 glasses of coconut water, followed by Gokshura medicines, with help of this medicine breaks th stone in kidney and pass outside
with urin.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gokshura medicines

o

hey if you are fortunate enough to live here, you could drink coconut water.we use that for our kidney problems. if you have access to fresh coconut water try it.never hurt.

o

bump.bump.bump.

o

Hi even it is old i post for other people searching for help.
The website below has some really good info and is without advertising that trys to sell you something.

Greetings

Here is a link that might be useful: www.kidney-stones.net

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here