Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Herbs for muscle strain

Posted by bungalow_mikee z10 CA (emailthis@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Jun 23, 04 at 4:46

Does anyone know some good herbs for strained muscles.
I had to work hunch over this weekend for a couple of hours, and the lower back is a real pain.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Herbs for muscle strain

Arnica!!!! Pill form, ointment, tea, anyway you can get it will help. Lynn

o

Comfrey, applied as a poultice. Also toss some lemongrass and some rosemary into a bath and soak for a while. Add some bicarbonate of soda for an extra soothing effect.

Drink some pineapple juice. This also works well as a preventative for muscle aches and pains when taken daily for a couple of weeks before you enter the triathlon! Or plan to dig some ditches.

Next time, remember to let your legs to most of the hard work, instead of your back.

o

what does the pineapple juice do?

o

Pineapple is an antiinflammatory; you can also eat the fruit.

Other suggestions:

Baths with epsom salts.

Somewhere I read about mullein-stem liniment, which I haven't made or tried yet.

o

WATER!!!

i know it may be redundant, but most people don't know that they're a little dehydrated, and their body will tell them with sore muscles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here