Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mints what are they good for and any ideas??

Posted by rhashell 5 southeast IN (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 27, 11 at 16:49

I have tons of mints
citrus
ginger
peppermint
chocolate
spermint

I also have
basil
thyme
oregano
tarragon
chives
rosemary
lemon balm
I need ideas and recipes to make the most uses of them
I do sell at market and also thru a CSA
I have gallons of dryed bags this year
Please send me your ideas marketbasket@netzero.com
Thanks so much!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mints what are they good for and any ideas??

mints...what are they good for
absolutely nothing
huh!
say it again

Actually, you could start with pastry and drink flavoring (including of course mint tea), mint jelly and so on.

Some people report relief from intestinal gas/bloating with peppermint tea (there are also reports that it could worsen gastrointestinal reflux, especially in excess).

Plenty of folklore uses for mints including soothing effects on those with fever (Euell Gibbons had a whole chapter on mint in one of his books as I recall, with recipes).

o
RE: mints what are they good for and any ideas??

• Posted by cacye DenverCO (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 2, 11 at 18:23

The Chinese use mints for antibiotic formulas in mixtures with other herbs. Basil, thyme, and oregano are also antibiotic, and the sauces with them in there were originally meant to keep the sauce from going bad so fast. Thyme tea can be used to get rid of cradle cap (yeast infection on babies). The tea is also good for sore throats. You can look up amounts for Italian pasta sauces and make them with basil, thyme, oregano, and other herbs. Mint tea is good for your breath and for digestion. These teas are not much in themselves, the idea is how you market them. You can look up the various herbs online and market them as aids for all kinds of things, as these herbs have been used for just about anything you can think of in Europe at one time or another.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here