Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
herbdoctor_gw

Just wondering . . .

HerbDoctor
10 years ago

I noticed many fly-by-nights come on this forum to find a cure for this or that over the internet.

Remember "nature raw"? He comes and goes like a tornadoe. But there was no substance.

The recent fibromyalgia girl. She had pre-conceived ideas. Yet, after professional direction for her problems, she bull-headedly responds with her attitude that she can't be told anything. Self-serving indeed. She did it "her way", as Frank Sinatra would say.

This forum doesn't provide professional help. People flounder here. They seek simple cures to their problems. Preposterous!! I think it's odd that many herbal supports are left up to the amateur who isn't trained in helping themselves. They rely on unreliable information from the "net." Sad.

HerbDoctor

Comments (7)

• janellelee
    10 years ago

HerbDoctor,
    I have been reading many of your post and I just want to say what a true Blessing it is to have you here, I haven't been on this form before but Ive fallen in love with it
    , I use herbs EO's and other "Natural" remedies. I Grow my own organic garden. This is an awesome place to come for advise and other opinions!
    Thanks to all of you who take time to share Love and healing with others!

• HerbDoctor
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Janelle. Looking back over my post above, I apologize for my rant.

HerbDoctor

• cwren58
    10 years ago

Hi there, If I'm the fibro girl you are talking about-- wow.
    I've had this for nearly 30 years and I don't know you, just saying I have looked into most alternative ideas. I was looking for some specific herb recommendations so I could study them for myself.

Hope you didn't mean me. I don't know you or your history or the history of this forum, but I hope you don't generally badmouth new folks; cuz it can tend to shrink groups quite quickly, did I say something rude in the thread I started?

• cwren58
    10 years ago

An add-on to the prior post--
    There was more than one person with fibro discussing things on that thread. I don't think I had an 'attitude' but perhaps you could show me what I said. Also keep in mind I do not know you from Adam and have no idea if you are a doctor--besides over the past 30 years I've been to plenty of doctors that have not helped me. Yes, I'm taking it into my own hands-- hoping something will work.

Since this is the internet--and there are so many folks out there with ideas that conflict-- how would I have known that someone who is called 'herbdoctor' is giving me professional advice?

As I said, I was looking for specific herbs I could consider. I thought a forum called herbalism might have some tips on herbs. I didn't book a dr appointment, and I'm a grandmother not a 'girl' .

I'm glad you apologized for the rant-but I think you might want to re-think your approach to seekers of information.
    Mary

• kaliaman
    10 years ago

ah fibro girl, you already discovered the reason i only come here occasionally.

there are a couple of er um 'men' (term loosely applied here) in this forum who consistently put others down so they can feel better about themselves, its spoiled brat ego at its worst. its been reported multiple times but the moderator doesn't care so its part of what you must tolerate if you wanna use this forum.

life's too short for that nonsense you say? agreed.

again, its why i only come here occasionally. there are much better herbal forums where only real adults are allowed to play and rude mean people are promptly ousted, suggest finding one of those instead. these two yahoos would last about one minute in a well moderated forum : )

oh and avoid curezone, one of the 'men' offending here hangs out there too using a similar moniker.

the majority of great folks here deserve better imo.

• rusty_blackhaw
    10 years ago

We all deserve better than comments which consist of attacking other posters.

Sadly, there remain those who cannot tolerate differences of opinion or philosophy and lash out. It's a problem on virtually any Internet forum, except for those which restrict comments to a single narrow viewpoint - which is not an improvement.

• kaliaman
    10 years ago

guess truth telling feels like an attack to those whom the shoe fits. appreciate eric showing up to prove my point....

Sponsored
More Discussions