Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rusty_blackhaw

Herbs for anger management

rusty_blackhaw
15 years ago

Some interesting suggestions on this site.

Mint can be good for relieving stress, although not if you plant it in the middle of the garden where it will try to take over.

As to Passiflora, the variety "Incense" is quite attractive and hardy into protected parts of zone 6. Can be invasive in warmer climates.

Comments (9)

• oakleif
    15 years ago

Would anger management help Bullie medical personel, or racists, or ethnic haters? It is quite proper sometimes to get angry and let racists and sexists know that they are sociably unacceptble. To take up for people who cannot take up for them selves is applaudible.

Am adding another link. I bet i know one of the people the AMA is apoligizing for.

You did'nt even begin to mention the herbs that would help anger stress. Mints do not. I grow all kinds of mints. Lots of room and lots of mints. I'm in zone 6 and passiflora grows wild up here, eveywhere. Talk about a potentially toxic herb. must have slipped up again Doctor.

Here is a link that might be useful: AMA to Apoligise to Black Doctors

• oakleif
    15 years ago

Sorry forum, You'll have to scroll down on the link above to access the AMA Apologises to Black Doctors. Must have linked to wrong article.

Doctor, read your link. Bwa,ha ha ha! Interesting the places you go to evaluate herbs. Maybe why somepeople are so full of misinformation. Sigh!! If only daisyduckworth were still here. But a certain doctor ran her off like all the other qualified herbologists.

I have to give you credit tho. you did speak in good ole english and not medicalese. Good going,I'm proud of you. By George! You may turn out ok after all

• cacye
    15 years ago

Actually the best anger tool I have I learned recently from Pema Chodron. Don't bite the hook.... I am not good at it yet, but I will get there. The next best I have used for years was exercise. I have trouble doing that now with the fatigue I have.

• oakleif
    15 years ago

cayce, i know what you mean about fatigue but we do what we can. What else can we do?

Tell us about Pema Chodron. I know nothing about India,s medical out look except that some American Insurance companies are sending a few people to india for health care.So it must be better somehow.

• apollog
    15 years ago

>> some American Insurance companies are sending a few people to india for health care.So it must be better somehow.

Less expensive. Not sure that insurance companies would ordinarily pay for foreign care, but there are people going to countries where surgeries cost less.

• oakleif
    15 years ago

Apollog, The article i read, said that not only was it cheaper( It included paying for airfare,room and board for a companion also) but the care was better, less complications and less infections. The insurance companys had started out with cosmetic(medical)surgeries,as in a woman had lost alot of weight and the abdomen skin had intruded into the abdomen obstructing part of the stomach. Companys were slowly going on to other surgeries. I don't remember what paper i read it in ,but it was American. I don't remember the names of companys. Sorry, that was'nt high on my list of knowables.

• apollog
    15 years ago

I did some digging and found that some insurance companies are indeed paying for it. Here's a link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hip Surgery? Insurance Company May Pay for a Trip to India!!

• tasymo
    15 years ago

Interesting article Eric. I don't know about the medicinal value of any of the Herbs mentioned, but I do know that working in my garden is GREAT for anger management. I once stomped out of the house, late at night after an arguement with my Husband, and dug a new flower bed in my front yard!

• rusty_blackhaw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, I think that a big point they were making was that just growing herbs (without regard to whether the ones they mentioned were used medicinally) is therapeutic.

Exercise is a great mood elevator/stabilizer, and while I don't get enough of it, at least I can sweat off daily tensions in the garden.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions