Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelleandjane

Allergy eyes

MichelleandJane
19 years ago

HI!

I have allergies that effect my eyes. Reciently I went to the doctor, whom put me out of work and on eye drops for" pink eye" Well I have used these drops for over a week, it seemed to get better then this morning I awoke with my eyes glued shut again. My mother believes it is the same allergies that plagued me as a child, not pink eye.

I am looking for an herb that would help with the allergies, as well as sooth my eyes. Anyone have any suggestions? any help would be great! Thanks, Michelle

Comments (4)

• Judy_B_ON
    19 years ago

The drops used for pink eye are antibiotics, for allergies you need an anti allergic. Allergies usually cause itchy and burning eyes, not eyes glued shut, glued shut sounds like infection.

See your doctor again to determine if you have allergic eyes or an eye infection. Ask the doctor for a anti allergy drop to try.

• kfgesq
    19 years ago

My dughter had the same problem when she was a child. It was from allergies but the school nurse thought it was pink eye. I washed her eyes with eyebright herb a few times that day and evening and she was fine in the morning.

• johnyb
    19 years ago

Michelle,

The best help you can give yourself is to visit an accredited herbalist, preferably someone who has been referred to you by someone you know or trust.

To give you a herbal prescription over the internet is not good medicine.

We need to know your health history; things like the nature of your childhood allergies, your diet, lifestyle, any food/drug/chemical intolerances and sensitivities, current medications, conditions (ie pregnancy or diabetes), surgery etc, family health history, all this is important and takes time to evaluate and discuss. In fact, without knowing it can be very dangerous indeed. For instance if you have high blood pressure and I advise you to take licorice root to reduce the inflammation in your eyes, you may die.

You could have conjunctivitis, but without seeing you it's hard to tell. Is the exudate a green colour? Is it clear? Did it start clear or start green or change? Is this eye condition an exaccerbation of a long history of such conditions, or does this particular flare up have different characteristics than those previous. We need to determine if this is a viral infection, a bacterial infection, an intrinsic mucous membrane reaction to a food, or a host of other conditions.All these questions lead to a differential diagnosis of your condition, then onto a diagnosis, then prescription. If that could be done over the internet then nobody would visit doctors or herbalists.

There are herbs that are anti-viral, there are herbs that are anti-bacterial, there are herbs that are anti=allergenic, herbs that are mucous membrane trophorestorative, and herbs that are mucolytic, and herbs that are both and or combinations of of other useful actions. Some work well for other conditions that may overlap your current one, others will be contraindicated.

My laboured point? Get to a herbalist and do it properly, or to the doctor.

John

• drlubnazubair
    19 years ago

Rose water (if pure) may help if acquired original.

mail me if u need an eye drop recipe but is not for all.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions