Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
blackhead problem

Posted by hummersteve Indy (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 07 at 17:33

I have a blackhead deep in my forehead. There is a hole there that never closes and you can see the black in the hole. Is there a way I can force this to the top squeezing on the sides wont even begin to make it .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: blackhead problem

The microbrasion scrubs are for things like that. The apricot scrubs can cause skin damage because the granules in the scrub are not fine enough. You could steam your face to open the pores prior to useing a good quality scrub. If you are over zealous, you'll take the skin right off your face.

To steam your skin to open pores, you can boil water, fill a large mixing bowl one-third full of boiling water, whilst seated, hold your face over the bowl and place a bath towel over your head to create a mini sauna effect. Steam can burn, so don't put your face too close to the hot water.

After fifteen minutes, gently scrub your face with a micro dermabrasion product. Then use two Q-tips to attempt to squeeze the blackhead free, or wrap facial tissue around your fingers so that you don't damage your skin. Try to get beneath the top of the blackhead to squeeze it out. You will permanently have an enlarged pore because the pore has already become damaged. Use a skin toner, such as witch hazel, to close your pores to finish up the procedure. Biore facial toner is supposed to be able to break down garbage matter, which is trapped in one's skin. You could use that as a preventative against future blackheads.

Alternatively, you can go to a day spa and have them do a facial on you. It is not inexpensive, but it may be money well spent.

o

Did you know that there's actually a product called a "pimple popper"?
Well, okay, that may not be the actual name for it... =) but it's this little metal tool with a small round opening that you press against the pimple, and it helps it out without the same damage that your fingers cause. It looks like a mini monkey wrench, kind of. =)
I know, it sounds crazy. =)
When I was complaining about being an adult and still being plagued by the stupid things, my friend told me I could try her "pimple popper" and I thought she was teasing me...but she wasn't, and it worked! =)=)=)

It may not be as successful on one so deep, but it might help in the process that lorna-organic suggested. It's only ten dollars and can be found at Wal-mart or a local beauty supply store. I thought the beauty supply lady would think I was nuts when I asked her about it but she knew what I was talking about. =)
I've been really glad to have it cuz my blemishes don't scar anymore, and that used to be sooo frustrating.

Good luck!

o

You still have pimple poppers where you live? It has been years since I've seen one. I lost mine a while back and haven't been able to replace it, no matter how long or hard I've looked! *sigh*

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here