Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beckwants_2b_healthy

Pregnant needing appetite stimulant

I seem to loose my appetite when I get pregnant. This also happened when I was pregnant with my son who is now two. What makes matters more concerning to me this time around is that I am nursing my son while pregnant so it is even more important for me to be getting proper nutrition. Of course I am taking vitamins & I am drinking Ensure, but frankly I feel like eating is almost hard. Nothing sounds good & half the time when I am chewing I feel like I can't make myself swallow the food. This is NOT like morning sickness, as I am familiar with that as well & had that with my last pregnancy & will likely have that show up in a few weeks too....just compounding my issue. I am now just over six weeks pregnant & have lost two pounds. While that isn't a major issue at this point, I want to ensure that I am eating enough for three AND that I don't loose more weight if at all possible, especially of morning sickness is still yet to come. I barely gained enough weight with my last pregnancy & I don't want to wait so long to address it this time...last time I kept thinking it would go away & I would be a normal hungry pregnant woman like they always show on TV...LOL I am otherwise in good health. I do have a propensity for loosing my appetite when nervous or stressed, but never to a point where it is an issue and I have always been a healthy weight. Right now I am a little thinner than usual for me, but I attribute that to better eating, lots of exercise with a toddler & breast feeding. I am 108lbs at 5ft 1in, and in pretty good shape, good muscle tone, etc. I don't think that is terribly thin. I am often told I look the healthiest I have ever looked. :)

Thank you so much for any input or ideas!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions