Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oakleif

U.S. Drug Industry to Announce Revised Code on Marketing

oakleif
15 years ago

a link to prove the soap salesmenship of the drug companys.

Here is a link that might be useful: drug companys changing sales tactics

Comments (10)

• lucy
    15 years ago

The word is "companies", not companys.

• tasymo
    15 years ago

In what way is that a useful comment Lucy?

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

Grammar and spelling are important to effective communication.

On topic, the OP does realize that the herbs that this forum is so fond of that you buy in the store are typically sold by the exact same drug companies only with out research money being spent and there for with a high profit margin, one hopes.

• oakleif
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I apoligise for my mispelling, I've had this problem since i had a stroke several years ago. Sometimes i don't always recognise mispelled words and the spell check on my computer is worse than i am. I keep working on my handicap and i am defenitely better. Also could'nt drive or use all my muscles and now i do great. Renewed my DL license last month. The other problem i have is i lose my words in conversations sometimes. Now that is frustating and that is not much better.

i know you wanted to hear this. but i'm not ashemed of my handicaps. So just forgive me. OK?
    I've had an IQ test since stroke and no impairment.

Brendon, I get what herbs i don't grow from Canada. They are researched and regulated there. but not in the USA.

i'm curious. What drug companys sells herbs? I don't know anything about American herb companys.

• oakleif
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Brendon, I go to the Arctic Cam in Fairbanks almost every day. Great cam and wonderful people. Alaskans are special.

Also have been to Denver many times. I guess you'd say i'm a sceptic also and i think everything over very carefully too. I was a collage student once and been back and back and back. Just can't seem to learn enough.

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

Oakleif, sorry about being part of pointing out your handicap. The research is a global matter, the knowledge is spread for the most part. Also the big Pharma companies themselves don't sell the herbs, the subsidiaries of those companies however do.

• apollog
    15 years ago

>> Grammar and spelling are important to effective communication.

Yes, they can be. But is there a chance that anyone misunderstood the original comment? I don't think so. If the original post involved a typo to a number with an extra zero or a missing decimal point, it would be important. If someone left out 'not' and that reversed what they meant, it would be important. The typo in question? Pretty minor.

>> On topic, the OP does realize that the herbs that this forum is so fond of that you buy in the store are typically sold by the exact same drug companies only with out research money being spent and there for with a high profit margin, one hopes.

Really? I don't see that at all. The most common resellers of herb capsules and tablets are independent companies that specializes in herbs - a few have been bought-out by larger companies, but to my knowledge, none are pharmacy companies. The companies that sell loose herbs in bulk (Starwest, Frontier, Rose Mountain) are not large multinational companies, nor are they subsidiaries of them. It is true that Walgreens, CVS and other pharmacies offer their own lines of herbs - but that is mostly a repackaging/branding move.

All companies hope for a nice profit margin - that is capitalism. But since herbs are generally not patented, since it is relatively easy to produce and market herbs or specialty foods: there is more competition, and there is less of a mark-up than for areas where the market is dominated by a few companies that hold patents or other monopolistic powers. The drop in prices when a drug moves to generic status is evidence that competition does lower prices.

• oakleif
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Another reason to use herbalism. I'll be back with some new ones shortly. Go herbalists!!!

• oakleif
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Do you trust these people to moniter themselves?
    Would you trust a greedy fox to moniter the henhouse?

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

Exactly why Herbs, Homeopathic remedies, and altmed should be regulated just like the major medical community.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions