Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Change a life for 50 cents

Posted by cacye Denver,CO (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 12, 10 at 2:36

You can read the article, or see the video. The article is at
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=a-plan-to-defeat-neglected-tropical-diseases

or the video is at
globalnetwork.org/just50cents
This is how we can help get rid of tropical worm diseases. The longer video, which you can find online of Peter J. Hotez speaking on the subject, can be tedious. But the point is, for 50 cents you can buy one year's worth of medication for one person. China already did this for one worm disease. Steven Hawking's father researched the fact that interrupting the cycle of these worms can eradicate them from an area. The idea has been tested and works. In Ethiopia when they did this they found the child mortality dropped by half. Look at this, and spread the word. Many people in the world are poor because they are always sick. They don't have to be.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Change a life for 50 cents

It's a praiseworthy goal.

It looks like they're talking about using generic versions of mainstream pharmaceuticals and continuing to develop a hookworm vaccine.

There are people who denounce efforts like this to eradicate killer diseases in the Third World, arguing that it's all a plot by Big Pharma to make money by pushing out traditional (i.e. herbal) medical care. I'm glad to see that you don't buy into such conspiracy theory nonsense.

o
RE: Change a life for 50 cents

• Posted by cacye Denver,CO (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 12, 10 at 15:18

I've been to Haiti. I've seen what these diseases do to people first hand. Merck has offered the ivermectin form in the drug mix for FREE so that this is cheap for everyone. Please people, this is a huge problem in most of the rest of the world. Hundreds of millions suffer from it. When they did this treatment in Ethiopia the child mortality rate was cut in HALF.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here