Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
breeqt

how can i remove toe corns??

breeqt
19 years ago

i've developed a corn on my pinky toe from wearing tight shoes. is there anything that can be done to remove it??i know there are products that can be used to trim it down but i'd like to permanently get rid of it and have my toe look normal again.my complexion is a medium brown and the corn is yellow/pink. is this possible??

Comments (5)

• fatboyparking
    19 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Usually Corns need to be treated by a doctor and if it is severe enough I would recommend it. But if doctors give you a fright...try the following:

Use alternate applications of alcohol-free goldenseal extract and tea tree oil to keep down infection and speed healing.

Consume raw vegetables and juices for 3 days to aid in balancing the acidity/alkalinity of your system. Unemboshi (Japanese salt plum) can quickly balance the body's pH. These are available in health food stores and Asian markets. Take one every 3 hours for 2 days.

Avoid fried foods, meats, caffeine, sugar, and highly processed foods.

An insufficiency of vitamin A, E or potassium may encourage corns and calluses. Increasing the proportion of fruits, vegetables and whole grains in the diet may prevent their formation or recurrence. Bananas and carrots are especially beneficial.

Bread and Vinegar folk remedy can be used to remove stubborn corns. Crumb bread into a teaspoon of vinegar. Let stand 30 minutes to make a paste, then apply on the corn before retiring at night. Repeat each night until the soreness has gone and the corn can be lifted out.

To treat corns and calluses, soften the thickened skin by adding 2 tablespoons of Dr. Bronner's liquid soap (available in health food stores) or a mild dish soap to 1/2 gallon of warm water. Soak your feet in this mixture for 15 minutes. Afterwards, dry your feet with a soft towel and rub a couple of drops of vitamin E oil into the affected area. Then, using a pumice stone or a special callus file, gently file down the top layer of the corn or callus. Clean the area with mild soap and water, using a gauze pad or cotton ball. Do this twice a day. Wear clean white cotton socks after treatment.

Apply a non medicated corn pad (a small round or oval-shaped foam pad with a hole in the center) around a corn to help relieve the pressure. Stretch the pad so that it clears the corn by at least 1/8 inch on all sides. Then apply vitamin E oil to the corn, cover with a gauze square, and wrap the toe with adhesive tape. Alternate between using vitamin E oil and tea tree oil.

For corns between the toes, dab on vitamin E oil and place a clean piece of cotton or cotton ball over it. Make sure to use 100% cotton, not synthetic cosmetic puffs. Put on clean white cotton socks and leave them on overnight after treatment. Vitamin E oil mixed with a crushed garlic clove is good for softening corns or calluses.

Bathe your feet daily in a half-and-half mixture of vinegar and water. Dry them thoroughly and apply pure, unprocessed oil, such as olive oil, to the infected area. Or soak your feet in a solution of 2 teaspoons of salt in a pint of warm water for 10 minutes. Repeat this treatment daily until the condition clears up.

To ease pain and itching, use cold compresses. Soak a white cotton cloth in Burow's solution (available in drugstores) dissolved in 1 pint of cold water. Apply compresses several times a day for 15-20 minutes at a time.

Take care to protect your feet from direct contact with floors in communal areas such as locker rooms. Wear shoes or slippers in such places. Do not share towels, shoes, socks, or anything else that comes into contact with the feet.

To soften corns and calluses, and relieve pain soak the feet in comfortably hot water. Dry thoroughly, then rub with fresh lemon juice, or soak the feet in hot water in which oatmeal has been boiled, or, to a basin of hot water add as much salt as will dissolve. Soak the feet in this solution, then in plain hot water.

Secure a slice of raw garlic to the corn each night.

To soften and eventually loosen a corn, place the pulp side of a small piece of lemon over the corn each night and bandage to keep in place or, thrust the toe into a lemon and tie in place overnight.

To remove a corn, place 2 tablespoons of dry mustard in a basin, stir in enough hot water to cover the corn. Soak the foot, then rub the corn. If not loose enough to be lifted out, applying vinegar may speed the procedure.

To remove stubborn corns in 3 weeks, tape a piece of raw onion over it each night.

Good Luck and let me know how it works out for you.

• biogardener
    17 years ago

The commercial corn and wart removers all use ASA (Aspirin) to which many people, including myself are allergic. They eat up not only the dead skin but also any healthy skin which they touch. In the summertime, however, a safe natural remedy is available outdoors which costs nothing. I have written about it here: http://geocities.com/allergylifeline/026.html in the part about warts and calluses.

• babybloo1_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I have this really bad corn on my right foot third toe at the top an im trying to remove it before the dance... How can i remove this i only have like a month and some days:( so if you could please try to help me! Thnks alot!!

• mizzyaz100_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I have this really huge corn on my big toe its really embrassinf im to afraid to show anyone or go to the doc. Please help! So I can be normal again.

• helmehair_hotmail_co_uk
    12 years ago

ive got two corns both on my little toes right and left ive used corn creams and other stuff but keeps coming back help me plz to get rid for good ???

Sponsored
More Discussions