Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For a diurectic, Do you use the root or the leaves of Dandelions

Posted by debethz C MO (debethz@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Aug 19, 05 at 17:37

Hi, I am so new to this, I could use some help. I have water retention and need relief. Do I use the root or the leaves of the Dandelion? I bought a herbal supplement called Dandelion Root 520 mg and wonder if I did the right thing or not. Will wait for replies before I take any.
Also if anyone got the story of the amazing exercise to get rid of water rention as mentioned on Gandy's post plz forward it to me. My main email address is debethz@hotmail.com. Due to that virus thingy to join Garden Web I had to use a differnt email address cause msn wouldnt let me replay. Either will work, thanks, Beth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For a diurectic, Do you use the root or the leaves of Dandeli

Usually, it's the leaves which are used as a diuretic. However, the roots also have diuretic properties.

o

Hi Beth, Both will work but fresh is usually preferable.
Be sure of your identification if you are collecting your own plants. Otherwise consult a local hebalists or botanist.

o

• Posted by Lucy 5b NE (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 22, 05 at 5:17

Hi, if you're retaining water, there could be serious medical reasons, and you need to see your doctor to discuss it and not just take advice from strangers on the internet about weeds in your garden.

o

There is an instant dandelion root tea with chicory and barley out now that is quite tasty and noncaffeinated; you might want to try that if your local healthfood store corries it. I have been drinking it cold all summer with milk and ice and pretending it is iced coffee.

The amount in a beverage is more a food amount and would be a low key way to ingest some dandelion root without possibly overdosing yourself. If it seemed to help, you could drink more or less to taste.

o

Thanks, I have gone to the doctors, hince me coming here. Not surpizingly they havent helped me. I am taking Dandelion root in tablet form just because I already bought it. I will do the fresh when this is all gone.
Thanks again.

o

Lucy

o
Rude or Acceptable disagreement?

Lucy saying fellow herbalism members are strangers on internet giving advise about weeds in garden. (DANDELION)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here