Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plz help Leonotis leonurus (wild dagga) Question

Posted by lovesplantsherbs california (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 27, 06 at 2:01

Hello, iam new to the forums

i live in central california , USA. I am having much difficulty finding a nursery that carries leonotis leonurus, (wild dagga, lion's ears/tails)

Ive tried the home depots near my home and i am having no luck.

thank you for your time

- jimmy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plz help Leonotis leonurus (wild dagga) Question

Jimmy, I doubt a standard nursery is going to carry wild dagga. Try www.horizonherbs.com or www.crimsonsage.com or maybe www.richters.com BTW, the hummingbirds went crazy over dagga in my upstate NY garden.

o

thankyou for the sites, if i were to buy the seeds from www.horizonherbs.com , wouldnt it be to late to start planting them now?

o

What zone are you in? California has a lot of zones. Here in Sacramento, fall is a good time to set down baby plants, seeds are good to winter sow, especially if they need a cooling time to help them germinate.
Richters only sells Leonotis leonurus (lion's tail) as small plants, so now is a great time to plant them.

o

Ask on the California gardening forum.

o

i live in san jose.

my plan it to start the seeds off growing in my indoor hydroponics over the winter, then in the spring time i'll transfer them to my garden.

let me know if this is a good plan

thankyou

-jimmy

o

it's fine, but a little expensive, since you can just start them in the middle of winter outside in pots. They'll probably enjoy a little cold.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here