Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oakleif

Burying Bad Cancer News

oakleif
15 years ago

Another link to show the Medical Stooges why Alternative medical sources are as good or better than existing American Healthcare. Wonder why they don't start their own Forum for Stooges?

Use Herbs With Wisdom. Know what you are taking With Western Medicine and Herbal Medicine. Google what you take. Know the side affects. What it does. What it interacts with. The life you save May be Your own. Don't trust a doctor to know.

Here is a link that might be useful: Medpro Burying Bad News

Comments (7)

• rusty_blackhaw
    15 years ago

Much of that article's emphasis is on the impact of scientific journals' tendency to publish research with "positive" results (i.e. the drug or treatment worked) more often than "negative research"), whether because of attitudes among reviewers or difficulty in finding out about negative trials. This problem (which affects alternative medical treatments/drugs as much or more than mainstream ones) has been debated in the scientific community and reforms instituted, as the linked article notes:

"Moreover, he notes that some drug-safety trials did not publish their findings, or did not do so early enough, such that they could inform subsequent trials. This practice is not likely to continue, he points out, since new federal rules will fine investigators who fail to post outcome data for all trials getting money from Uncle Sam. Moreover, for cancer trials, NCI will require that researchers begin reporting outcome data  treatment successes and failures  throughout the course of the trial, not just at the end...Bottom line: It should become increasingly harder for drug companies and others to bury embarrassing findings."

What the linked article certainly does not do is demonstrate that "Alternative medical sources are as good or better than existing American Healthcare."

Those who promote failed treatments for cancer like laetrile, shark cartilage, Hoxsey's tonic and other quackery are doing more than "burying bad cancer news".

They're helping to bury cancer patients, who are deluded into trying useless remedies instead of the proven treatments than can offer them additional years of life or a cure.

• oakleif
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Eric as usual You can't read what you don't want to know (Must be a mental block) They definately were'nt saying that discussion was going on about cancer trials, they were saying pubmed and other prominate medical instutions were being led around by the preverbial nose by the research done by drug companies. Which you have been denying outrageously. You have said repeatedly that drug companies are angels with halos on. Are you being led around by the nose or are you (like i suspect) one of the drug company lackeys. You sure sound like one. You also denied that Federal goverment needed to ever intervene in the Medical industry as they monitered them selves. Yeah right-NOT!
    Oh yes the banking industry said they did'nt need monitering. yeah boy! They did it themselves. Same song. right?

At least the banking industry did'nt kill any one like the medical industry does As in the 100 million people killed each year by medical mistakes and neglect. These deaths come in third after heart related deaths and cancer deaths. Which we are now learning could have been partially prevented by honest research. Can't deny it eric. facts are facts no matter how much you deny it and scoot arond the issue.

Use herbs with wisdom. Know what you are taking, With prescription medicine as well as with herbal medicine. Google what you take. Know the side affects. What the meds do. What they intract with. The life you save may be your own.
    Don't trust a doctor to know. THEY DON'T.
    Don't trust people on here either. Find out yourself.

When you hear people on here using big words and important sounding garbage. Remember the banking industry loved to hear themselves speak important sounding garbage and that is exactly what it was-garbage. Are the medical people any different. Might be time to educate yourself as much as possible.

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

So your argument is that file drawer effect is bad (only the good studies getting published) and that to combat it we should go with a branch of "medicine" that is more heavily influenced by file drawer effect than mainstream medicine?

• oakleif
    Original Author
    15 years ago

let this go through again.Medical Industry needs to be monitered continously.

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

Yes it does, thats why the Medical industry is monitored constantly. The Altmed industry is not monitored constantly, that is the one big difference.

• oakleif
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The American Health Care System is in denial. Herbalism does'nt have to be, it has been proven for thousands of years to be a cure,as the people who gave the medicines lost their lives if it was'nt. Maybe we should do the same for American doctors.
    Of course brendon said he'd like to line all herbalists up and shoot them? He loves this forum don't he?

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

Thats right, and I've been paling around with terrorists too. You know what I said, its still up, go back and reread it. I even clarified it after your initial attack. Stop misquoting me, its not the most becoming maneuver.

Most herbalists don't have to be in denial, because most don't pay any attention to anything more than rumor about herbs. The medical system is heavily scrutinized by ... you guessed it ... the medical system. So far all of the criticisms I've seen from you that have been remotely close to real have gotten there starts from the medical community, since I'm in a simile mood what you are doing is like taking the fact that someone ran a spell checker on a rough draft of a paper and using it as the proof that the final draft was full of spelling errors. You point to the correction process and use it to claim that no correction takes place at all.

Projection is another phenomenon to look at.