Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tea

Posted by loveterrariums 4-5 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 1, 04 at 14:22

When you make tea with fresh herbs you should always clean the herbs very well
Then I tend to cut up all the herbs i am putting in my tea to get more flavor and then i load my tea ball a brew the tea
you should dump the first as it will not have very much flavor gbut the 2nd 3rd cup will have the most

favorites **
peppermint nettle(seeds of nettle not actual plant)
blackberry sage
orange cinnimon
vanilla honey safron$$$$$ expensive to make yourself

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tea

I make a blend of dandelion leaf, queen anne's lace, and plantain from my yard. It tastes like regular tea, only better, and it's a great kidney tonic.

o
RE: Tea

If you want really good herb tea, do not use anything made of metal, not even stainless steel. The best herb tea is brewed in glass, preferably glass which is not transparent, because light destroys the elusive vitamin B6. I use Corningware tea or coffee pots to make my herbteas. I place the herbs in the pot fresh when available and dried in the winter. Then I add cold filtered water and place the pot on the star separater and set the element as low as possible. I turn the lid backwards to act as a sieve. When I pour out some of the tea, I add more water. I have that pot on my stove 24/7 and drink herb tea all day long.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here