Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irisim_gw

Nettle and allergies

Irisim
9 years ago

Hello,

Last week I bought Nettle tea at a local shop, just to try a different herbal tea, without knowing anything about it's herbal properties. I did check online before I drank it, and was glad to read it has many tonic properties, as well as reduces inflammation and helps with hayfever/seasonal allergies.

I suffer from allergies only in the spring, and during the rest of the year I have mild responses to dust (sneezing). In the spring my allergy symptoms used to be very severe, but in the past 3-4 years symptoms reduced to a degree that the allergies are almost bearable. However, it's still bothersome. Therefore I was happy to discover the Nettle tea.

I drank about 2-4 cups a day for three or four days. At first I felt invigorated and alert, as well as calm. It was a positive reaction, I felt, so I kept drinking it, but at the same time I started sneezing, right from the first or second day. On the third day the sneezing and allergy symptoms became more severe. Initially I didn't make the connection, I thought maybe there was a lot of dust in the air, but when they became worse I realized it could well be the Nettle and I stopped having it. Within a day the symptoms cleared.
My question to you is has anybody observed such reaction to Nettle and would it be because I used a high dosage? (2-4 cups a day) Should I try to use it at a lower dosage, and perhaps it will help with the allergies long term? (Sometimes a healing process starts with worsening of symptoms before they improve).

Thank you for your advise,
Iris

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions