Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lemon verbena

Posted by toad_CA z10 CA (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 20, 04 at 19:38

What are the medicinal uses and biological effects of drinking tea made from lemon verbena?

Also, can anyone refer me to a good, reliable on-line reference source for herbalism? And which book or books do you folks find to be the best?
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but my searches here didn't turn up anything really useful. So please forgive me if I'm bring up old questions.

Thanks.

Emily

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lemon verbena

• Posted by Andy_SA South Australia (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 21, 04 at 2:56

Lemon verbena is basically a relaxant, something it shares with many lemon-scented herbs.
I use this link a lot...

Here is a link that might be useful: herb site

o
RE: lemon verbena

The tea is used for bronchitis, flatulence, stomach cramps, nausea and palpitations, and as a gentle sedative.

As for 'herbalism', it depends whether you want to become a qualified practitioner or whether you just want to know a little for your own personal use of herbs as medicines.

I can't recommend a site for the first requirement, but there are many colleges around for you to look at. Also some correspondence schools (if they don't have a 'residential' component, forget it, because you need some hands-on instruction too). Try searching for 'herbalism courses' or similar.

As for the personal use, there are many, many sites out there you could learn much from. Start with the name of just one herb, search for 'medicinal uses X' and go from there. Or simply search for 'herb(al) remedies', or try by ailment 'herb remedies eczema'. And be prepared to sort the wheat from the chaff!

http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/database/commonA.html

Here is a link that might be useful: some medicinal herbs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here