Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new herb garden any suggestions????

Posted by Myohhmy z5 MICH (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 26, 04 at 19:46

Looking for advise on what to include in my new expanded herb garden for next spring. I already have mint, basil (both lemon and purple), chives and parsley. I have been experimenting with cooking with them and had so much fun that I want to try more. Those are the only herbs I have ever grown! I told you I needed help here... I have read some books on the subject but would love to hear what herbs others enjoy the most from their gardens.

I really enjoy the lemon sents and taste of some herbs! I also enjoy the purple color of some herbs like the sage and basil types that I found this year.

What else would you suggest including? Both Easy to grow and your favorite types with specific names of herbs would be appreicated!
Thanks for your time...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new herb garden any suggestions????

Borage to cheer you up if your feeling down,clary sage for a wonderful scent when in flower, also southenwood (artimesia aborasum) for scent.

o

Rosemary (easy to grow, good in food and medicinals) and lemon balm are my favorites. Lemon balm smells so good when you crush a few leaves!

o

Lavender,smells heavenly and keeps sheets,blankets smelling good and keeps bugs away. Costmary another smell good herb. It was once called "Bible leaf" as people used the dried leaves as bookmarks
for their Bibles. I like all of the sages and useing your own for dressings is special. Dill a common herb, but is a pretty plant with a nice smell and make your own dill pickles with the seeds.
Good luck with your new herbs.
oakleif

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here