Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
skin fungus

Posted by naturalnicole (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 16, 06 at 20:58

I have white spots on my my back, chest & upper arms. This is apparent mostly in the summer. It's been happening for several years & seams to be getting worse especially on my back. I've heard it's a fungus. One internet site that described these symptons said see a dermatoligist for a one dose oral treatment. I can't afford the visit and I'm sure the treatment is expensive, any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: skin fungus

You really need an accurate diagnosis before trying a treatment. Are there any free or low cost public clinics with in your area?

o

I'd suggest a regular doc. Sounds like a fungus I battled for years, but I dunno... I tried herbal and western meds FINALLY went away.

o

Herbs that can help, but not cure are ones with astringant properties like yarrow, tea tree, etc. Oh, and citrus.

o

I work for a naturopath and she agreed that the best thing to do would be to see a doctor. Recurring fungal and yeast infections can sometimes indicate blood sugar problems. She also suggested that you look at any body poweder your're using b/c the ones made with cornstarch just feed the fungus. HTH.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here