Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
correspondence schools need recomendations

Posted by akewa 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 07 at 18:27

Hi all,

I am looking into herbal correspondence schools now that we have move to our land. Since we are paying mortage money is tight. I would like to hear those that have taking course what they thought of them.

What I am planning is a good size herb farm here since we have 4 acres. I would like to craft some different formulas creams, lotin, tintures and such to sell at local farmers market.

So with that in mind and cost being a major factor what should I be looking into? Right now I have found the majors online like Rosemary Gladstar and Susan Weed and East West School. Last one looks a bit more than I need. Also the Australasian Colledge has some good ones. Has any one done any of these courses or any others that you have done and what can you tell me about them Please. I can't afford to throw away money on a course not suited to my needs or way over my needs.

P.S. I have been reading some on mine own off and on threw the years but nothing indepth. Also I am a retired LMT from FL, so I have most of the body part stuff down. ;)

Thank You.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: correspondence schools need recomendations

You might also ask here, especially about practical aspects of starting such a business.

o

eric oh thank you for the link but since this is not a landscaping or nursery it is not much help. We are doing a small personal farm not a retail business. I am just after opions of the herblist correspondance schools that anyone has attended before putting out the money.

Thank You.

o

Check out learningherbs.com and herbmentor.com. The folks are very friendly and there is so much good advice there. It is not a full course but would be a good place to start and ask questions. There is a fee to join herbmentor but there are videos on herbal medicine making and making other herbal products which sounds like what you are interested in. I am not affiliated in any way with them but I just think it's a great resource and want to share.

Theresa
Honey Thyme Herb Farm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here