Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Herb seeds and when to start them???

Posted by ramony 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 24, 08 at 19:53

I was wondering what the best way to go about getting some seeds and the time of year to start them??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Herb seeds and when to start them???

You sir should look in to the Herbs forum

o

Brendon, Were you raised by trailor trash? Or just no manners? Why don't you go grow up a little bit. Maybe GW will start a forum on proper forum etiquette just for you,tho actually a simple course in manners would do you in good stead.

Would'nt it have been better in everyway to simply say; "Ramony,The herb forum is a better place to find information on growing herbs and finding seeds." That way Brendon, You don't look like a foolish jerk or a little boy having a temper tantrum.You would have looked like a man.

A little manners goes a long way in this world.It comes down to being acceptable or not.

o

I'm sorry who is having a temper tantrum?

o

Brendon, I do thank you for your thoughtful reply. For someone like me who has never posted in forums such as these, you are being very receptive despite my ignorance on etiquette. I do hope I come across more people in these forums that are willing to share such deep knowledge. Oh and by the way speaking of etiquette, you made a little assumption there with the word "Sir", I am a young woman. To all a good day, and I will go look through the herb forum for answers.

o

Oh I'm so sorry, I was Ramon in the name and figured it was a safe bet; also don't worry about having posted in the wrong forum, it happens all the time in virtually every forum.

o

Among sources for medicinal herbs, Richter's in Canada is probably the best known, but less conventional general seed houses like J.L. Hudson offer interesting regional and foreign natives. Both have online ordering.

You can start seed of warm-climate herbs any time of year if you have good light to grow them on. Some of the varieties native to colder regions need stratification (a couple months or more of cold treatment) to germinate, and don't do well in warm indoor conditions over the winter.

Here is a link that might be useful: J.L. Hudson

o

Heading to the Herbs forum was a good bit of advice since the whole gamut of growing, harvesting, and using is covered there. What you may wish to do is ask about the specific types of herbs you are interested in growing. There are literally thousands of "herbs" and knowing which ones you are looking for information on will help people to give you some information you can really use.

To get you started, here are some vendors that carry herb seed and/or plants:

Richters
Horizon Herbs
Nichols Garden Nursery
Pinetree Seeds
Johnny Seeds

FataMorgana

o

thanks all!

o

These folks have a good selection of medicinal herb seeds. Organic, too.

http://www.agtoseeds.com/collections/medicinal-herbs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here