Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making an Herbal Face Cream?

Posted by silybum Sunset 16/z8b (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 15, 05 at 20:40

I made my first herbal face cream, but it separated (the water and the oil). I blended it according to directions in Rosemary Gladstar's Family Herbal, putting the cooled herbal oils into the blender first, then adding the waters into the center vortex of the whilrling oil mixture. Anyone have any experience or tips on preventing the separation?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making an Herbal Face Cream?

Silybum, try it the other way around. Put your waters in first and when everything is whirring nicely, add the oils in a slow, steady stream through the top of the blender. That's how it is done with making homemade mayonnaise and mustards and is the only way I got it to work with Rosemary's face cream too. Good luck!

o

You can do that... or what I like to do, is go to the Soapmakers Supply websites and buy some e-wax... the ewax helps make the water mix with oil...

o

herbalbetty - thank you, thank you, thank you. I had success making cream by reversing the directions. I was ready to give up after the first batch, but now I am sooooooo excited. So glad I checked here first. Thanks again.

o

Silybum. Great news! It took me awhile playing with the recipe to figure it out and I was tickled when it worked well too. Congratulations!

o

You could also put the oils first, then add the water slowly, drop by drop, using a pipette to do this. Make sure the water is warm.

o

• Posted by Andy_SA South Australia (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 28, 05 at 4:20

Can anyone supply a recipe for the above?
Thanks.

o

I would also like that herbal face cream recipe please.
Thanks

o

another method is to use an emulsifant, a natural and easyly accesable one is alcohol, mix it with the oil then add water

either way, good luck, and enjoy

hows about adding lavender to one if your recipie(s) dont contain it, then it'll be part face cream part perfume. everyone loves lavender

o

Dear Herbalbetty and Silybum, I got all excited to read about this recipe, would you share it ?

Thank you in Advance,

o

Hello out there.I need some help.I would like the recipe for an herbal face cream,pleaseeee help.thanks

o

Try here for the recipe. It does say to add the oil to the water instead of the other way 'round.

http://www.regaininghealthnaturally.com/Herbs_as_Medicine/Herbal_Facial_Recipes.shtml

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here