Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oakleif

Lipitor -

oakleif
15 years ago

Lipator is a popular drug that got a warning from the FDA and is still being prescribed by some doctors.and being sold. Long term studies are needed as only 6 montH studies have been done in the US.

Lipator is a cholesterol lowering drug that blocks the production of chlosterol in the body.

Lipitor can cause a condition that results in the breakdown in skelatal muscle tissue which can lead to kidney failure.

It can also cause Birth defects. Tell your doctor if you have diabetes,underactive thyroid,Kidney disease or a blood disorder.

Lipatore will not be effective if you do not follow a chloestoral lowering diet.

Avoid drinking alcohol. Drinking with Lipator can damage your liver.

Lipator can interact with the following drugs and more. erythromycin,digoxin,lopid,niacin,sporanix,nizoral,gengraf,HIV meds,steroids,

Vitamins,minerals,herbs,and prescribed drugs and over the counter drugs.

Lipitor can make birth controll pills less effective.

Multun does not take responsibility for any drug reactions.They make the drug.

Comments (7)

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

It looks like you are quoting the information that the drug company puts out about the drug, is that correct?

The life extension properties of the drug are typically more beneficial than the side effects are detrimental. The manufacturer of any product cannot be held liable for the possible damages that customers are fairly forewarned about; imagine if that were to happen, why every business would go bankrupt with in 6 months, if our legal system were somehow propped up we would be driven back to the stone age before it would stop.

• rusty_blackhaw
    15 years ago

Lipitor (a.k.a. "Lipator", "Lipatore") is not an herbal remedy and it's hard to see why the original poster is promoting it in an herbalism forum.

• herbalistic
    15 years ago

My father in law took lipitor and ended up with muscle problems in his legs. Definitely not worth the risk in my opinion. I think he regrets it now. We have tried to help them by educating them re: herbal remedies but sometimes people get scared into supporting drug companies to their own detriment.
    I would try garlic and cayenne and change to healthier diet 1st.

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

herbalistic, Lipitor is not a drug designed to replace a low cholesterol diet, in fact if you are not on a low cholesterol diet already you should not be on lipitor (Although statins are probably going to be up and coming drugs to treat bacterial infection). So you need to show that Garlic and cayenne together help lower the bodies production of cholesterol in a manner similar to lipitor before you are really providing an alternative. Certain types of Rice and Oyster mushrooms also produce statins, but they also have the same side effects when you get a high enough dose to function.

• oakleif
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Is'nt it strange that you have to be on a chlosterol lowering diet to take lipitor? Which really works?
    ERIC, why should a medical person be here on an herbal forum downing the use of herbs and promoting a broken healthcare system. Thought you needed a taste of your own medicine. Pardon the pun.

• rusty_blackhaw
    15 years ago

It would be nice if we could have a forum devoted to aspects of herbalism, uninterrupted by threads about prescription drugs and Bad Evil Doctors.

For starters, there's this thread about Andrographis where relevant comments would be helpful.

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

Eric, I had trouble breathing I was laughing so hard when I read your post. It seems like most of gardenweb has been whithering and dyeing since spike sold it to iVillage. They just don't care and are doing everything they can to suck it dry.

OakLeif- Lipitor alters the bodies metabolism, it works when a low cholesterol diet doesn't. How it works is by stopping the body from adding more cholesterol, which does very little if the diet is providing cholesterol in excess. Imagine if you will a sink with two taps, one is diet and one is the body, but the drain is clogged so it cant keep up. Changing the diet shuts off the diet tap, and most people only have the body tap on low to begin with. But some people have the body tap on high and statin drugs are the pipevwrench that turns down the body tap. however it doesn't matter if you turn off the body tap if you have the diet tap going full blast anyways.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz
More Discussions