Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chamomile Plants....

Posted by rose_enthusiast z7 TX. (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 30, 04 at 1:18

I want some and can't seem to find any @ any of the local nursery's for the life of me! Anyhow, are these plants easy to grow?

Thanks,
RE

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chamomile Plants....

I don't know about Texas, but chamomile is nearly a pest up here in my New York state garden! Very easily grown from seed, it will reseed itself with abandon. I like german chamomile the best for tea. It is very pretty amongst the fairy roses too.

o

Are you looking now? Unfortunately, to my chagrin, nurseries don't stock a lot of stuff during the winter, which in my zone, is really the time to plant perennials. But I am not sure if you are looking for the perennial variety or the annual.... personally, I like the annual variety the best.

o

try nicky's seeds, they supply overseas and have a great range of herbs and wild plants, good value too. good luck! chamomile is a great plant!
good luck,
ella nadasdy:)

o

I planted chamomile for the first time last week from a starter plant. So far it seems floppy, and like the fronds are stuck together. Is this okay?

o

sounds like shock... keep it moist for the next few days... don't over water, just keep it moist. Is it in full sun? It should recover.

o

while we're (or you) are on this subject, can someone please identify this? Looks like chamomile, smells like it, but seems to be a NATIVE, perennial plant here. Has actually VOLUNTEERED itself in my landscape. Now I live in a very remote, zone 3 area so it didn't "float" in from the neighbors place. Any ideas? thanx so much---

Here is a link that might be useful: weed? chamomile?

o

natrldsastr,

You plant is Pineapple Weed, a native of the western US. These plants only have the the center disk flowers and lack rays; have a strong pineapple scent when crushed or walked on....self-sows pretty prolifically just like true German Chamomile.

Vera

Here is a link that might be useful: Pineapple Weed

o

thanx vera--I finally remembered to check back on this question. Gee, I was hoping for a type of Chamomile, actually kind of like the scent of this stuff. Guess I'll go rip it all out of my flowerbed where it volunteered now, can't be adding to my hubby's allergy problem!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here